Part 6

"Nandini......"

*************************************************************************************

Before he could reach her and take back everything he said and did, he saw the very reason of his reasons reach her.

Dhruv felt relief flooding his veins as he ran towards Nandini, who looked up at him with slightly puffy eyes and a light smile. 

Nandini was almost sure that she heard 2 voices not one, but ignoring the second voice which she concluded as an echo in her heart, she stopped fresh tears from spilling out and smiled at her friend, to hide the mountain of emotions she was undergoing.

Dhruv smiled in response to hers, as he reached her. 

"Hey,..............you're back. Just now we were talking about you."

"Me?", she couldn't help question with both confusion and fear. 

"Ya, the judge was telling us that you couldn't come as Harshad was making a big fuss about it, she shut him up quite good..........", he stopped just remembering that though the guy maybe an enemy to his friends but she did not know his bad side yet, and he didn't want to make a bad impression on her, so he quickly saved himself from the blunder with a sincere apology, "I'm sorry, I know vo tumhara dost hai (he's your friend), I should'n....."

"He deserves it.", she said sternly with confidence.

"Achha hai, ab tumhein uska real face dikh gaya (Great, now you saw his real face.)", Dhruv was relieved to know that finally, at least his love-intertest had a chance to get into FAB5's good books.

"Ya, dikh gaya (saw it)", her mood seemed to sour as the topic of Harshad came up, a fact that Dhruv did not fail to catch up.

"So, my latest friend, will you do me the honour to be my first dance partner ." , he tried to cheer her up and offered her his hand.

"I don't know Dhruv, I was going to go back just now.", she said hesitating and pointing to the taxi behind her.

"Please, just one dance. It's not even that late.", he tried to reason with her.

Her memory took her back to another guy who wouldn't have asked her again,  just held her hand and took her inside. She never knew she could miss 'his' ways. Looking at Dhruv, she couldn't help but question herself, wasn't he the kind of guy she thought was perfect, then how come she could never see Dhruv as more than a friend and instead ended up mixed with the kind of person she hated.

Shrugging off her thoughts, she smiled at Dhruv before leaning down to the window and apologetically dismissing the driver. Taking hold of his extended hand, she walked inside with him, but just as she was entering the gate, she turned around to see who was looking art her with a penetrating gaze that she could feel from a distance at which even voices can't be heard.

Manik looked at them going inside with his now completely  broken heart. 

He thought about all the moments he had with her......
(See above)

Wiping his tears for the last time he entered the hall and once again faking his infamous attitude, stood with his friends............at least most of them.

It pained his heart to see his best friend dancing with the girl to whom he had lost his heart. He had finally realised, that all the efforts that he spent in trying to make himself  believe that all the moments he spent with her were the a mere distraction from his perfect life; getaway from the boredom of his regular life was just a cover to protect himself from the pain of being away from her. To the world they were just a few metres apart, but he knew that the distance they had between them was not measurable, it was the consequences of his actions, his impulses, and quest to repay his debts. And now he would just have to learn to live with this pain. 

He saw them dancing, her smiling at Dhruv and Dhruv reprociating the gesture. They looked good. He wasn't even supposed to be in the equation. This wasn't his story, and his involvement wasn't needed here.

He was jerked out of his thoughts as Alya called out to him.

"It's Okay Manik, somethings are just not meant to be. I wish we could also be like that, no worries just smiling in togetherness.", she spoke with a low tone, her hand on his shoulder looking at the duo dancing.

"I'm sorry Alya, but this can't happen, not  because of what you said or did or because of Nandini, because you don't deserve this. You don't deserve to wait forever because I don't think I can ever look at you the way he looks at her, I  don't want you to hold on to me when I know it can only give you the pain I'm going through and nothing else. Sorry Alya, but I can't let my friend destroy her life. I love you but we were friends and always will be." His words were straightforward but carefully chosen to make sure she wasn't hurt. He couldn't be selfish and share his pain with her, not when she didn't deserve it.

He left her to ponder over his words as he went to the bar to drown his sorrows in drinks.

He had only had prepared for his destruction when he turned and saw all his friends talking and laughing and Dhruv just joining them with a small smile trying to cover up his emotions. But Manik Malhotra saw through it.

He had to give up his star, but his buddy would definitely have his story, thinking so..........he walked out ignoring Mukti's calls to give her to his buddy himself.

************************************
Anyone else hate Manik Malhotra for passing Nandini like an object, if yes, com ment your frustration.

Did you like the video, if yes please tell me.....cause I'm planning to make a trailer for this story in a similar format.

I had to take it down due to some issues.

Once again comment, vote.....if you want share.

Stay tuned for the first clash of Manik Malhotra and Nandini Murty:

Sorry,  I'm a bit late.  The video took some time.

The next 2 chapters are also up.