Part 20

Alya looked around the small cafe with a small smile seeing people with their laptops open, books and papers spread out as they worried about deadlines and assignments. It was a small cafe almost 1.5 hours from their college, the interior was sweet and cosy, with a lot of co-working spaces for the students that frequented the place often, all thanks to the amazing student discount. Even she had gotten a few notes perfected here when they were all working on new songs for an assignment or the album. Dhruv had introduced her to this place on their 3rd date. It was really close to his house and part-time job, so it worked as the perfect place to do college work or practice dance routines since there was a soundproof studio behind the kitchen as well. This way he didn't disturb the neighbours at the apartment. 

At that instant, her boyfriend who was on her mind suddenly materialized in front of her as he reached the table with their order. 

They both sat there in silence for a while waiting for the coffee to cool down a little and Alya was the first one to break the silence.

(Alya, Dhruv)

"It's still a risk, you know?"

"Huh!?"

"The album. If we cancel it now, maybe in future, we'll have another chance, but if we go through with it and anything wrong happens, our reputation will be over and our career will end before it even gets started. Isn't that too much of a risk?"

"You're having 2nd thoughts?"

"I guess."

"See, for you and me, this is not very serious. If music fails, we both have other passions to fall back on. You can get into any fashion designing course and I can change to a dance program. As for Manik and Mukti, they have the influence and resources to get past this, so do you, if you want to continue with Music. But, Cabir. Cabir has a lot riding on this. The promised advance can really help him pay off his apartment and pay the fees for last year as well. Cabir has always been there for us, all of us. He plays pranks and likes to annoy us but at the end of the day, helps us all out of problems. He always cheered you up when you and Manik fought. He and Aunty were constantly helping out when Dad died. He always understands Manik in ways that even I don't And he always brought out Mukti went she went into really dark places. Cabir has always helped us all, so this time it's our turn. And we have to give it our best shot. We owe it to him."

"You're right."

"Now come on. Let's talk about something else. You were supposed to tell me how Mukti destroyed breakfast on Wednesday."

"Oh my god, yes. I almost forgot about it. So I kept the sugar and salt........"

And they went on to chat for another hour until Dhruv had to leave for his part-time job which he had along with Cabir.

That night while the 5 friends and Navya read the consent form before signed it, another person was doing the same.

Harshad sat on the messy sofa with a bottle of alchohol on the table in front of him as held the papers he managed to get from the notice board where Navya had pasted them after he overheard the conversation in FAB5's jam while coming over to taunt them.