Part 10

As her house came in sight, the first thing, Dhruv and Alya both noticed was the empty driveway. This made Alya sigh in relief, since she wouldn't have to go through another round of her brother's drama.

Getting off the motorbike, she took off her helmet, and straightened her hair, playfully glaring at Dhruv.

"You really should get a car, Dhruv. Iss helmet ki wajah se mere poore baal spoil hogaye (Because of this helmet, all my hair got spoiled.)"

Dhruv shook his head in response.

"Raat ke 11 baje, kaun tumhare baal dekh raha hai. Sab so rahe hai. ( At 11 PM in the night, whose looking at your hair. Everyone's sleeping. ) So should you."

He took her helmet from the seat and put it in the top-box, ready to make a move, only to have her hold his wrist, stopping him.

" Arrey (Hey)! Where are you going? It's not even that late. Aur bhai bhi ab tak nahi aaye, matlab late aayeinge. ( And Harshad also hasn't come, which means he'll be late.) Come in, let's talk. Aur kuchh nahi, toh rejection ka pain hi kam hojaayega. ( If nothing else, at least the pain of rejection will lessen.)"

Dhruv took off his helmet, suddenly concerned.

" Alya, if you want to talk, I'm here. Par aaj ke competition ke baad, I think we should rest. Na tum kahin bhaag rahe ho, naa main. (But after today's competition, I think we should rest. Neither are you running anywhere, nor am I.) So let's talk tomorrow?"

Although a little reluctant, she agreed.

" K, then, see you tomorrow, bye!"

She barely took 2 steps back to give him way, when he turned to her again.

Dhruv was about to put his helmet back on, when his eyes met the deserted driveway again.

" Tumhaari gaadi? ( Your car?) How will you come to college tomorrow?"

Alya looks at the driveway and back at him, suddenly a little embarrassed.

" Woh (That) actually.........I left it at SPACE.......I guess I didn't want to be alone. And about tomorrow, don't worry, I'll manage. I'll ask Mukti to give me a lift, or else, main bhai ke saath aajaungi ( I'll come with bhai). I'll figure something out."

" Don't ask Harshad. Woh musicana ki wajah se anyway, humse upset hai. ( He's anyway upset with us about musicana.) He thinks, we used Nandini to make him loose. I'll pick you up at 8."

Dhruv voiced out his worries and assured her. While she simply nodded and waved, as he went.

" She told you to leave her alone!"

Harshad and Navya turned to the sudden interruption, him with fear and her with relief. But just as the person came in sight, the looks were exchanged.

Mukti looked at the scene in front of her with little surprise. After all 2 years back, she was in a similar position.