Part 5

The after-party had already started as Fab5 entered the hall. Proud smiles on their faces, as they looked at everyone celebrating the victory of their college all due to them. The smiles changed into smirks and the pride in their eyes into attitude as they saw the crowd parting for them, the applause ringing in their ears. But one pair of eyes showed a restlessness, that you could only see if you noticed closely which up till now no one did, not his so-called mother and not even his friends.

Manik's eyes were searching the crowd for peace and not appreciation. He almost showed his restlessness when Cabir nudged him from his side, stopping him from taking the further unconscious steps that were taking him away from everything that defined him.

He held his emotions and walked up to the stage with his friends still searching for her .

"And now welcome the stars of this party, the winners of Musicana, 2017; Fab5"

His mother's words further raised the enthusiasm of the crowd which started hooting and cheering over the already ongoing applause.

But none of it soothed his guilt, that this victory was over her defeat.

They got off the stage to enjoy the party, when his friends finally noticed his lost stance and the questions began;

"Manik, are you fine?"

"You seem a little lost"

"Is something wrong?"

"What are you looking for?"

The questions fired from Mukti, Alya, Dhruv and Cabir made Manik come to his senses and after taking a moment to suink in the questions, he answers his friends' worries.

" I am fine, nothing's wrong guys. I was just looking around. It's pretty good for a last minute thing. A lot of people are here."

"Obviously, we are Fab5, humari victory pe humaare fans toh yaha aayenge hi (our fans will be here on our victory). And we had to win so the party was already planned.", Mukti replied with her everlasting attitude flashing in her voice.

"Of course, Fab5 and their extra large egos."Harshad's envy filled voice made the 5 turn to him with pitying smiles on their faces.

"Harshad, isse ego nahi confidence kehte hai. Jo har performer ke paas hona chahiye, bas tere ke Pehle 'over' lagna hai ( It's not ego, it's confidence. Which every performer should have, only yours should be preceeded by over)" Manik in the saviour was ready with his replies.

"Oh please, hum yeh competition aaram se jeet jaate ( we would've won this competition easily). It's just that our band-member ditched us at the last moment. And I'm pretty sure, ki isme tum logo ka kuchh toh haath hai (that it has something to do with you).After all, you guys seem to be very friendly. On one side, you guys keep defending her and that..."

"Watch it", Manik barely held his tongue as Dhruv's firm statement cut Harshad's hateful statement, while Navya and Shahid made their appearance behind their band leader.

"Excuse me. May I cut into your conversation.", the 8 turned around to see the familiar young woman, probably in her early 30s, looking at them with a polite smile and amusement shining in her eyes.
"I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. In my, defence both parties were quite loud as you can judge from the herd around you.", her statement caused them to look around and indeed, everyone was looking at their fight in hope of catching some juicy gossip or an exciting fight.

Manik was about to shout at them but she beat him to it,"I think everyone should hear this."

Sneha Chauhan was one of the judges of the competition, and she had planned on putting an end to the tiring day soon after the result announcement, but after receiving a warm invitation from Nyonika Malhotra and the opportunity to congratulate the group that had made everyone literally dance on their tunes, she couldn't resist. After handling a bunch of fans, she was just about finish her last task of the day, but the exciting argument between the two top groups had left her quite amused.Harshad's cocky statements were getting on her nerves and she wanted to release a valuable piece of information to put an end to this, her way.