Part 14

Navya was in the middle of telling Nandini about Harshad's tantrums the previous night after the winner's announcement when she saw a figure walking towards her from the corner of her eye. Nandini turned to him confused seeing the pace at which he was walking to reach her. Navya too looked at him seeing Nandini's diverted attention.

Before they could react, he grabbed her hand lightly and pulled her to the corner. Navya wanted to follow them but Mukti stopped her. FAB-3 were glaring at Harshad trying to decipher the meaning of his words. 

"You have that video?"

Manik's hushed voice with the nervous tone caught her by surprise and he looked at him stunned at his urgency. The guy she knew him to be was confident if not anything else and seeing this form of him shocked her.

"Nandini, listen to me. Whatever happened yesterday was between us. Please don't drag Cabir into..."

He held her arms trying to get through to her seeing her standing still.

His words did the work of cold water, and she was yet again reminded of the horrific events of the previous night, Shrugging his hold off, she took a step away looking at him with disgust.

"Manik, main tumhari tarah nahi hoon. Mujhe revenge and all ka koi shauk nahi hai and especially involving someone else. Dil hai mere paas, wahi jo tumne kal toda tha. Itni jaldi bhul gaye? (Manik, I am not like you. I have no interest in revenge and all. I have a heart, the one you broke yesterday. Forgot so easily?)And what video are you talking about??"

Looking at her back away from him brought an unsettling feeling inside him. Hearing her, it only intensified. He showed her the video Harshad had sent him the previous night before the victory performance. 

"This video is with Dhruv."

She whispered slowly, but he heard her and scoffed.

"If he had the video, he would've told us already. Nandini, don't do this to Cabir. He's not the one who broke your heart, he's not the one who hurt you. He doesn't deserve your anger, I do. Please don't turn into a monster because of me."

Hearing him she let out a dry chuckle. 

"I don't want revenge, I don't want to hurt anyone. After what you did yesterday, you don't even deserve my anger, and I am not generous enough to hand you that charity. But of course, the great Manik Malhotra won't get it so easily. Come with me."

Grabbing his wrist she took him to where the others were standing. 

"Dhruv, where's your guitar?"

Everyone stood confused at Manik being dragged by Nandini like a helpless child. 

"Jamming room, but wh...."

He was cut off as she dragged Manik towards said place asking the others to follow. 

Navya and FAB4 adhered to her instructions without a word. After all, if the Manik Malhotra wasn't protesting against her dragging him, she must be on to something. 

As soon as they stepped into the room, Nandini left Manik and walked over to the chair where Dhruv's guitar case was lying. Without a word she opened it and started searching through the front pocket. 

It was then Dhruv remembered the pen drive, she had handed the previous night. Looking around, he found Cabir's laptop bag lying in the corner and went to take the laptop and get it ready for her. 

When the others saw him switching on the laptop and keeping it on the table in the centre of the room, they all exchanged curious glances with each other.