10. Lovers Quarrel

"Is this your way of breaking up with me?" Alice asked, crossing her arms over her chest. FP scrunched his face, getting taken aback by her words. "Who said we were breaking up?" He questioned back, placing his bag down onto the dining table roughly. 

"You! You and your stupid interviews about your stupid books on the other side of the stupid country!" She exclaimed, stomping her feet on the floor as her ocean blue eyes filled with tears. "Ever since you became a writer, it's becoming an effect to our relationship." She stated in a hushed voice, avoiding eye contact at all costs. 

"Well I can't do anything about that, can I?!" He yelled back, throwing his hands into the air. "I can't do any about us if you don't let me, can I?" The man started to lower his voice when he saw Alice's lips starting to quiver.

"No, you can't. And while you're at it," she tried her best to stay calm in front of him; for she didn't want to seem weak. Her eyes drifted over to the fish on the wall, which belonged to him. "Take this ugly fish with you." She took it off and placed it in his hands. "It's yours anyway," she quickly added before walking into the kitchen. 

Alice never liked their arguments, she was never the biggest fan of them. Though, she did have to suffer through them with him, which she always hated. She would always try her best to ignore them, but she would miserably fail every single time. 

FP laughed sarcastically and shook his head, looking down at the object. "To hell with it," he gripped it tightly and threw it onto the ground, causing Alice to jump a little. "To hell with us." He added, before walking towards the door, leaving Alice with her shattered heart. 

"Where are you going?" 

"Breather." 

"Don't come back." 

"I wasn't planning on." 

With that said, FP left the house, leaving Alice sinking in her tears, sliding down the wall and clenching onto her stomach once she felt a sharp pain there. "Please come back..." the woman whispered. 

She felt it again and realized that it was kicking, which made her smile softly through her tears.
With Betty and the other kids in college, Alice had no one to talk to, share her emotions with. Just her and her unborn baby, together until FP had planned to come back, or was he ever planning on coming back?

*

It was four in the morning and Alice was sitting at the dining table staring at his bag, not wanting him to ever leave for his interviews. She had one hand placed on her abdomen, stroking it softly, as the other, well, it was gripping tightly onto one of FP's flannels. 

She was too lost in her thoughts that she didn't hear the front door open, to reveal a weary and sore FP. He looked at her before quietly shutting the door and walking over to the living room, flopping onto the couch and exhaling deeply. "Can I have that flannel?" 

The woman jumped when she heard his voice, turning towards it only to reveal FP staring into the distance. She nodded and got up before handing it to him, which he took. She noticed that he was only in a t-shirt, which made her furrow her eyebrows, considering she knew he was wearing flannel before. 

"Where's your other one?" Alice asked softly, not wanting to take things too far. He instead, decided to just put that on and lay down on the couch. "I want to sleep, can I do that?" He answered, putting a cushion under his head. 

She swallowed the lump in her throat before nodded slowly, more tears forming in her eyes. It was usually her that would keep the separation, but this time, it was him who was doing it, which made her realize that she took things too far. "Yeah," she sniffed and walked away, up the stairs, and into the bedroom, where she cried herself to sleep. 

*

Alice was greeted by the smell of breakfast, which was unusual to her. She got out from under the sheets and put one of FP's long sleeve shirts on, since to her it was freezing cold. She walked out of the room and peeked over the wall to catch a sight of her boyfriend standing in front of the counter, writing something on a sticky note. 

She immediately rushed back into the room when she saw him coming up the stairs and shut the door before FP could reach. She sat on the edge of the bed and frowned when he knocked on the door. Getting up again, she opened the door and peeked her head out, seeing food in a tray in front of her. 

She bent down to pick it up and saw a note on the glass of water, reading it with a soft smile. 

Good morning, my love. I'm sorry about yesterday, maybe when you and I finish eating we can talk? :) 

Alice sat on the bed and started to eat, her mind not drifting away from the note. Once she was finished eating, she placed the dishes on the counter before exiting the room and walking down the stairs, to spot FP eating quietly at the dining table. 

"Good morning," she whispered, making him look up from his food. He sadly smiled at her. "Did you get my note?" He asked softly, dropping his toast from his hand into the plate. She nodded and weakly smiled at him, sitting across from him. "It was cute," 

"Are you cold?" He noticed that she was wearing his shirt, and moved closer to her when she nodded. "Come here," he wrapped an arm around her and pulled her closer to him, pressing a soft kiss into her hair. Alice smiled and rested her head on his shoulder, placing her hand on his thigh and sketching small things. 

"I'm sorry about last night... I overreacted." Alice mumbled, looking up at him. FP chuckled and shook his head. "No, you didn't." She rose a brow up at him. "Okay, maybe you did a little bit," he shrugged his shoulders. 

"But you should've. Seeing the love of your life go away for months is hard, I get it." He started. Alice nodded softly and looked down. "And you were right about the part when you said me becoming a writer has affected us, I can quit if you want."

"No!" She exclaimed, slapping his leg. "You're a writer, writing is your passion. You're not gonna leave your dream job just because I want you to, not that I do, though." She pulled his face down and kissed his nose softly. 

"Did you mean it?" She added. "Did I mean what?" He frowned. "When you said to hell with us." She stated, taking his flannel off and putting it on her. "Of course I didn't." He shook his head. "Now I'm cold." He laughed. 

"Sorry," she started to shrug it off, but he quickly stopped her. "It's fine." He placed his index finger under her chin and lifted her head up. "So are we good?" She nodded and smiled before letting her eyes flicker to his lips. "Yup."

"Can I kiss you?" 

"Shut up and do it." He smirked then kissed her, wrapped an arm around her waist to pull her closer. 

"I need to tell you something..."

"Shoot." 

"One, I fixed your fish, and it's right there." She pointed towards the small desk at the door.

"I didn't even notice." 

"Two, you're gonna be a Daddy again." 

FP dropped his jaw, completely in shock. "What?!" Alice giggled and bit her bottom lip, nodding quietly. "I'm pregnant," she whispered. 

"You-- I-- Baby--" He stuttered in excitement, looking down at her belly. "Pregnant?!" 

"Yes! Pregnant!" She rolled her eyes and climbed onto his lap, cupping his huge face into her tiny hands and kissing him deeply. "You're gonna be a Daddy again." 

"I.. I can't believe it!" He laughed with joy and pulled his flannel and shirt off her, revealing her small baby bump. "How the fuck have I not noticed?" He placed his cold hands on her belly, causing her to whimper. "Your hands are cold." 

"Sorry." 

"Let me warm them up." She took his hand into hers and started to rub them. "I love you." 

"I love you too." He kissed her again.