13. Farm

It's been three weeks since Alice has come back from the Farm and those days she was trying to avoid the person she loves the most—FP Jones. Ever since he had admitted that he was in love with Gladys and not her, she has been heart broken and trying her best to calm herself down whenever she is around him.

FP walked into the house with a swollen face and fists after getting into a bar fight with many of the Ghoulies, taking his Serpent Jacket off and tossing it onto the coat hanger. Alice was sitting there on the couch, her legs crossed, a book in her hands. She looked up to see who was at the door and her slight smile turned into a big frown. She shut the book and got up, put her glasses aside and tried to walk past him and up the stairs, but he caught her arm in his hand and pulled her back to him. "No hello? Hi?"

"Let me go." She looked into his chocolate brown eyes that would always get her lost into them if she stared too long, but immediately looked down to his chest that was rapidly rising up and down. "I just want a hi from the woman I love, is that too much to ask?" He looked at her and reached for her hair to tuck it back, but Alice was quick enough to yank it away and shove him off of her. "I said leave me alone! You never loved me and you never will!"

She ran up the stairs and into her bedroom, slamming the door shut and sliding down it slowly. All she wanted to do was hold him, kiss him, love him. But she couldn't. Not after what he told her that night.

"Do you love her, FP?"

"She's the mother of my children."

"And me? Do you love?"

"Doesn't matter now, it's over. I'm sorry."

After everything she did, after everything she did for him. That was the last straw, the last thing she needed was him forcing her to do things. Alice held her head in her hands and silently sobbed, her head throbbing because of how much stressed she had today.

FP sighed softly and softened his face, he had felt like he was forcing her to do something. He slowly went up the stairs and to her bedroom door, knocking on it softly. "Al... I'm sorry." He tried to open it, but clearly something—or someone—was blocking it. "Alice..."

"Fuck off!"

Suddenly, FP decided to oblige then he left to the basement to finish some paperwork.

**

"Betts, what's the answer for number 5?"

"Number 5? Jug, you should know this!"

"I forgot! My mind is all over that food over there my Dad told me not to eat!"

Betty sighed and scooted over to him, giving him the equation so he could at least try, but she saw his eyes darting towards something other than homework. "You know what?" She grabbed the top of his head and snatched the beanie off, finally having him look towards her. "Hey! Give it back!" He covered his head full of hair and tried to get the hat back.

"Nope, not unless you answer this question!"

"But—" he was interrupted by the sound of two set of feet coming down the stairs, to reveal Alice trying to run away from FP with his sheriff uniform just two feet away. "I'm telling you, I didn't mean what I said that day!"

"Well then why did you say it?!" Alice waltzed into the kitchen and over to the sink to drink some water. "I don't know! It just slipped out!"

"Oh, "doesn't matter now, it's over, I'm sorry"," she did her best trying to mimc his voice—which she actually did good on.

"I don't sound like that," he scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest. Alice giggled sarcastically and rolled her eyes. "Of course you don't." She walked over to the kitchen island and started to wash the dishes. FP darted his eyes over to the food on the table, reached for it and placed it in front of her. "This is for you."

"I'm not hungry."

"I haven't seen you eat ever since you came back."

"I lose my appetite."

"No you don't. When I come back this whole plate better be finished." The brunette pointed at her warningly and walked away, to get his jacket and hat then left the house.

"Mom, you should eat that before Jughead does." Betty got up and slightly pushed her mother away from the sink before she started to do it. "Betty," Alice sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Mom, it's okay. I got it."

**

After about two hours, FP finally came back from work to see Alice on the couch—again, reading a book. "Did you eat?" He asked politely, shrugging his jacket off and tossing his hat onto the dining table. "Why do you care?"

"If you won't tell me, I'll just ask Betty." He smirked softly and waited for an answer from her. "Yes, I did eat. Now can you leave me alone?" She rolled her eyes annoyed and scooted a little into the edge of the couch and turned her back to be away from him.

"Why do you hate me so much?" He sat beside her and tried to stroke her arm to give her comfort, but she immediately yanked it away from him. "Shut up, I don't want to talk to you."

"Al, just tell me why—"

"Don't call me that!"

FP sighed softly and leaned back onto the couch then pinched the bridge if his nose and looked at her. "Look, if this is about what I said, I told you a dozen times that I'm sorry. And I didn't mean what I said."

"Then why did you say it?! We were together, I don't know what you thought of us, but I thought of us as a couple. Even if we were just fuck buddies, I was still so in love with you that I just had to fucking leave you! So just leave me alone!" She stared at him with fiery eyes as if she wanted to kill him.

Her eyes started to go soft once she saw the guilty and disappointed look on his face. FP held his head low and scratched the back of his neck—his eyes softer than ever.

"Okay...I'll leave."

**

(A/N: I figured that if I added more to this it would be too much—so there will be a part two! hope you enjoyed!)