11. Adopting

**

**

FP rolled over to his side and reached his arm out for his girl, but didn't feel her anywhere. He opened one eye and frowned when she wasn't there. "Hmm, Al?" He saw the bathroom light on and the door closed, so he figured that she was in there. 

He got up with a soft groan and walked towards the bathroom, knocking softly on the door. "Alice, are you okay?" FP let his head rest on the door until she opened it. "Alice?"

"Huh? What?" He heard her soft sniffs coming from inside with made him grow with worry. "Are you okay? You sound like you're crying," he softly said, placing his hand on the doorknob. 

"I'm fine, FP." Alice quickly wiped and threw the stick into the garbage before wrapping it perfectly in toilet paper. She got up and flushed the toilet, walking towards the sink to wash her hands. "Okay, I'm coming in."

"No, I'm coming out." She dried both her hands and face before opening the door, to see her weary and worried boyfriend. Cupping his face into her tiny hands, she kissed him softly and stroked his stubble. "Do you love me?"

"Of course I love you, I always tell you this-"

"And do you still love me when I say I'm not pregnant?" 

"Is this what it's about?"

"No, but-"

"Al, we don't need to get pregnant, we can just stick to the normal plan, adopting." He sighed and placed his hands on hers, taking them down from his face. "Please, just stop taking tests, we know you can't get pregnant." He kissed her forehead softly. 

"But--"

"But nothing!" He threw her over his shoulder and wrapped an arm around her legs to keep them from kicking before rushing down the stairs, placing her on the kitchen counter and connecting their lips. "FP, people won't think I'll have enough money to accept adopting!"

"Excuse me?" He rose a brow at his blonde girlfriend, walking through her tiny legs. "I mean, look at me. I'm poor, I'm disgusting, I'm--"

"I'm going to stop you right there." FP held a hand in the air, cutting her off quickly before she could even finish her sentence. "One, you may be just a little poor, but you're with me, and I can pay for almost anything. Two, you are not disgusting. Have you seen yourself?"

"You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen, no doubt in my mind. Just because you think your poor, and ugly, which you aren't, doesn't mean you are." He looked into her ocean blue eyes with his dark cocoa ones and sighed once he started to see them gloss over. "Don't cry, please."

"People will think that I'm some sort of gold digger, or - I don't know," she whispered, her tears ready to slip. RIght when they were, FP quickly placed his thumbs on her cheeks, wiping them away. "I told you not to cry..." his own eyes were starting to get wet.

Alice giggled and kissed his nose before pressing their foreheads together. "I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. She ran a hand into his dark locks and played with his soft curly hair.

"Okay, let's go back to sleep, hmm? We'll go back to bed."

"then why'd you bring up downstairs?"

"Because this," he held his palm out and in there was a granola bar. "You sneaky little cutie." Alice bit her bottom lip and look at him.

"Cmon, let's go."

"Will you carry me?

"Of course, my love."

**

Alice slammed the door shut once they both had entered the home, softly choking her tears in. "Al..." 

"Don't Al me!" She exclaimed loudly, her lips trembling. "W-We can't get a child, s-she said I don't have what it takes." She whispered under her breath, shaking her hands in the air to try and calm herself down. 

"Al - Alice. Hey, look at me." FP slowly and carefully walked over to her, placing his hands on her shoulders and stroking them. "Calm down, please." He kissed her head and looked into her big blue eyes.

"How?! We won't be able to adopt a kid, the worker clearly said that w-we--"

"Alice, we will have a child, okay? Just because the lady said that doesn't mean we can't try again. We can find another worker who is better than her and let us have a child. We'll do anything to get one, I won't stop until we have a baby. Okay?" 

She looked at him then sighed and smiled softly at his words. "Okay," she said softly. "Good," FP pulled her close to him and kissed her. "I love you."

"I love you too."

**

(A/N: So, so, so sorry this chapter is very late. I've been busy with school and I've had the BIGGEST writer's block ever. Also, is this how you wanted the chapter to be? If not, I can make another version of this how you want it.)