Chapter Two

Buffy was in the library with the others, talking about what happened the previous night.

"What did they look like?" Willow asked. "We need to be careful if they're as weird as you say."

"The nicer guy had long brown hair and the other guy had, like, short dark blonde hair." Buffy explained.

"That's like, every cop ever." Xander said.

"Look, I'll tell you when I see them, okay?" Buffy snapped. There was silence for a few minutes.

"How hot were they?" Cordelia piped up. "Like, on a scale of one-to-ten." Xander hit her with his elbow lightly. "Ow! Other dudes are still attractive, y'know." she huffed.

— —

Dean awoke and checked the time; quarter-to nine. They should probably head out soon. Instead of shaking Sam awake, he got up and unpacked some of the bacon he took with him and started frying it. After a few minutes, Sam woke up and joined Dean in making the bacon. They finished and headed to the dining room, where they ate their bacon and Sam watched more Buffy.

"What episode are you on?" Dean questioned.

"Hm?" Sam didn't quite hear, so he took a headphone out.

"We need to get updated, stat. What episode are you on?" Dean repeated.

"Uh," Sam glanced down at his laptop. "Season Four, Episode One. Dad stopped us watching at the end of Season Three, so I'm in uncharted territory now."

"Right." Dean said, munching on some bacon.

"They're in college, which means that we're technically looking into the future." Sam explained, putting his cutlery down as he'd finished. Checking the time, Sam sighed to himself. "We should get going. Don't want to be late."

"Fine." Dean huffed as he grabbed his coat.

- - - -

"Hi, I'm Agent Adler and this is my partner Agent McKagan, we're here to investigate the death of Quentin Lord." Sam said as they both flashed their badges at the cop. The cop nodded and let the pair in, lifting up the police tape for them.

Dean pulled out his EMF reader and got a crazy reading— off the charts, whilst Sam checked for cold spots or sulphur, though he didn't find any.

"Okay, definitely a ghost and not a demon." Dean confirmed. "Just gotta figure out who this guy is."

- - - -

"Okay class, before we get started I need to make an announcement." the teacher said, walking behind her desk. "Two FBI agents will be taking you out of class two by two throughout the lesson. They're Agent McKagan—" she pointed at Dean and he nodded at the class. "—and Agent Adler." Sam gave a wave.

"Tell you what," Dean whispered to Sam. "We're lucky there's an odd number of people in class." Sam chuckled slightly. After getting through the entire class, the last student left was Buffy— lucky for Sam and Dean, they could talk to her alone.

"Uh, one more." Sam called out. "Buffy Summers." he looked around until he saw her getting ready to stand up. Sam stood outside and leant against the wall. After about half a minute, Buffy came out and leant against the wall opposite Sam.

"We're gonna cut to the chase here, kid." Dean told her irritably. "We know you're the Slayer."

"I knew you two were acting weird!" Buffy yelled, perhaps a bit too loud.