Chapter Three

"How are they so chill with burning bodies?" Xander asked the room.

"Maybe they've done it before?" Buffy replied sarcastically. "I think we should look into more people. Cordelia, was there anyone else who might've pissed off Sara?"

"Hm." Cordelia thought for a few moments. "There was this one boy. He always hit on her, at first she laughed about it but she eventually started actually, like, getting mad."

"What was his name?" Willow inquired.

"Tom, I think." Cordelia racked her brain trying to remember his surname. "Tom Mitchell! That was it. He's a senior."

"Yeah, we're in the same Math class. I'll keep an eye on him." Oz added, before pecking Willow on the lips and running back to class.

"So we're just gonna believe them?" Xander perked up, receiving an eye roll from Cordelia.

"You're just jealous 'cause they're hot." Cordelia giggled.

"And I'm not?" Xander grinned cockily.

"They're hotter." she flirted. Buffy rolled her eyes and sat down next to Willow.

"Glad to see I'm not the only one put off by them." Buffy whispered, to which Willow nodded.

"Me and Oz flirt, but not to this extent." Willow said. "This is just— blegh."

— —

Dean pulled up next to the graveyard and got out, shortly followed by Sam who had a shovel in hand.

"Who's doing the digging?" Dean asked.

"Pretty sure it's your turn." Sam smiled.

"Nah, it's definitely yours." Dean responded quickly.

"Rock-Paper-Scissors?" Sam suggested. Dean rolled his eyes and prepared to do rock-paper-scissors with Sam. After two attempts, Dean loses and Sam gives him the shovel as Dean gives him his torch.

They look around for a bit and eventually find the grave of Sara Hughes. Dean begins digging the grave as Sam shines his torch into the hole.

"You really think we should lie to them? The kids?" Sam questioned.

"Yep." Dean didn't even look up from his digging. "See how we acted when we found out we were just Chuck's bitches. And they're kids as well, imagine how much that'll hurt, man."

"Yeah." Sam agreed. "But— when we've kept secrets from each other it hasn't ended well, at all."

"Sammy, all we have to do is dig up Sara here and burn her and we'll dip." Dean looked up at his brother. "They'll forget us in a year."

"If you're sure." Sam finished, as Dean tapped the lid of the coffin with the shovel. He ripped open the lid and saw the almost skeletal corpse of Sara Hughes. Dean jumped out and poured salt and gasoline on the body, whilst Sam lit the matches and dropped them in, setting the body alight.

Suddenly, a mighty roar was heard from behind them as a man in all black lunged at them. Sam managed to push Dean out of the way in time as the man rolled and regained himself.

"And who are you guys?" he growled, sporting the ugly face of bright yellow eyes of a Sunnydale vampire. Sam and Dean readied their machetes, before the vampire chuckled and lunged again, now at Sam. He dodged and went to behead him, but the vampire dodged away. Dean took the opportunity and went to decapitate the vampire whilst he was stunned, but the vampire caught the blade and laughed again.

"Really, you guys are cute." he joked as he went to bite Dean, but Dean grabbed him by the head and held the machete up to his throat, before Sam came up behind him.