Chapter Seven

Sam and Dean arrived at the library in the morning to find Willow sat alone in the library, searching through books.

"Willow? Where's Giles? And Xander?"  Sam asked.

"I don't know, they didn't turn up." Willow told them.

"Are you not worried?" Dean questioned.

"Yeah, but I thought maybe they're in traffic... both of them..." Willow responded.

"We'll find them. I promise." Sam comforted. Willow nodded and shut her book.

"I'll come with you!" she exclaimed. "We can look together!"

"Okay." Dean sighed. "Let's get going."

— — Last Night

As he was preparing for bed, Xander heard an explosion noise from outside his house. He went downstairs and outside to check it out and he saw a fiery crater. He went to see what was there when he saw a blue orb floating no more than a few inches off the ground.

"What the Heck?" he mumbled, tumbling down the crater and closer to the orb.

"Alexander Harris." a voice spoke.

"Aah!" Xander slipped onto his back. "What are you?"

"I am an Angel of the Lord, my name is Sabathiel. And I need your help." Sabathiel said.

"My help?" Xander spluttered. "No, y-you must have the wrong Alexander Harris."

"I have the right one." Sabathiel answered, somewhat impatiently. "There is a coming war. And the Lord needs soldiers to fight in it. You have been selected to fight in this war."

"Me?" Xander repeated.

"Yes, you." Sabathiel snapped. "I need your permission to possess your body and fight in this war."

"I can't stand up to a bully, let alone fight in a war!" Xander cried.

"You won't be fighting. I will." Sabathiel uttered.

"You'll possess me?" Xander checked.

"Yes." the other confirmed.

"I—" Xander was about to deny it, but he stopped himself. If he accepted Sabathiel's request, it might help him in the romance department. Of course, he didn't want the same thing to happen with Willow as it did last time, that only caused trouble; but Cordelia, however. To Xander, as juvenile as it was, letting an Angel possess him and fight in a war in his body could be the key to winning back Cordelia. "Okay. You can— enter my body, oh holy one."

Sabathiel flew fluidly into Xander's mouth, forcing his eyes shut.

When they were opened, his eyes were bright blue.

— —

Sam was walking around the school, looking for Xander and came to the entrance of the school. It must've been around seven o, clock when he saw him, but Xander was dressed very differently. He was wearing a leather jacket, with a black t-shirt and black jeans. Obviously, Sam knew that this was Xander's attempt at 'being cool'— the nineties were a different time, leather jackets and black clothes, especially with students in school, were associated with the bad kids.

But what caught Sam's eyes the most was the lit cigarette in Xander's mouth. He'd never gave any hint that he smoked, and even if he were smoking it must've been in private. He walked over to him and, to his surprise, Xander completely ignored him.

"Xander?" Sam asked. "Are you okay?"

"Oh? I'm fine." Xander responded blankly.

"Are you sure?" Sam said.