Chapter Eight

Sabathiel quickly ducked into a closet and saw Sagillon stood there, in front of him— and then they made out. After about half a minute, they separated.

"It's good you're here." Sagillon smirked.

"I could say the same for you." Sabathiel replied, wrapping his arms around her.

"Soon the Winchesters will have nothing. And—" Sagillon was stopped by a sharp pain in her head, causing her to collapse to one knee. "Agh!"

"Sagillon! Are you okay?" Sabathiel bent down next to her.

"Fine. My vessel is fighting back, and she's strong." Sagillon winced.

"I think mine just realised. Haha! That tickles!" he exclaimed.

"Hey! You said we were fighting a war!" Xander screamed from inside his own body. He figured out what had happened when Sabathiel was rude to Sam and Cordelia, and immediately tried to get out. Unfortunately, Xander didn't have strong willpower— or at least, he believed he didn't have strong willpower.

"Guess I lied." Sabathiel snorted.

"You're naughty, you are." Sagillon teased, kissing Sabathiel again.

"Eugh." Buffy muttered from inside her own body. For Xander, Sabathiel had trapped him in an amazing dream, and Sabathiel's being rude to his friends woke him up from that dream. With Buffy, however, it was like she was locked away in a cage in the middle of the ocean; it was like she couldn't move. It was Hell...metaphorically that is. "Let me out!" she shrieked, but to no avail. She pounded on the bars, but was not successful at all.

"It's funny," Sagillon smirked. "I can't wait. Soon the Winchesters will be grovelling at our feet and the universe will be ours."

"Yes, it will. Let's go." Sabathiel winked, opening the door and letting Sagillon exit first.

— —

"Here, Ozzy, Ozzy, Ozzy." Dean called as he was searching through the corridors. He pulled out his phone and called Sam, and he didn't answer.

"Sammy." Dean muttered under his breath, before sprinting to where he knew Sam was.

Around halfway there, Dean was tackled to the ground by a giant wolf— Oz.

"Agh!" he screamed. "Get off!" Dean manage do throw Oz off and dodge a swing, but failed to duck under another and was thrown across the hall. Oz was towering over Dean as he clutched his side— just as a dart was shot into Ox's back and he fell on Dean. "Ow..." he groaned.

"Sorry!" Willow said, helping Dean up. "I couldn't find him, but I heard you scream and I managed to get here."

"Where's Sam?" asked Dean.

"He's back at the library. Oz attacked earlier and he got injured." Willow explained.

"Okay, we should get-" Dean stopped, as he saw Sagillon and Sabathiel turn a corner ahead of them. Dean got out his angel blade. "Get outta here," he whispered to Willow. "I'll hold them off."

"What? No!" Willow protested. "You can't kill Xander!"

"I'm not gonna kill him. Just trust me on this." Dean told her. Willow looked back and reluctantly sprinted down the corridor.

"You can't take us both on." Sagillon called.

"No, I can't." Dean smirked. "But he can." Dean shut his eyes tight— and nothing happened. "Jack?! Where the-" Dean was cut off by Sabathiel using telekinesis to push him against the wall.

"Oh? You plan to use Jack." he scoffed. "Well, he seems to have abandoned you."

"Jack doesn't abandon." Dean murmured. Just then, Sagillon was pulled backwards and Sabathiel against a locker. "Finally!" Dean yelled.

"I'm sorry. I had trouble locating you." Jack explained, straining to keep Sagillon in place. "Dean, hurry up!" Dean turned to Sabathiel, took his angel blade and lightly cut his neck, taking his grace. He got out a small glass tube and caught the grace in it.

"I got it!" Dean yelled as Sabathiel collapsed to the ground. "Get us outta here!"

"N-No," Jack refused. "I can expel Sagillon! I-I nearly have her!"

"Jack! We can pick this up later, but right now, we need to go!" Dean bellowed. Jack winced and strained for a few more seconds before eventually giving up and teleporting him, Dean and Sabathiel back to the library.

"We got Sabathiel's grace." Dean stammered, holding up the tube.

"What's that, exactly?" Giles asked.

"It's what gives angels their power. He's human now." Dean told him, tying up Sabathiel to a chair.

"You do know, he's still in here. I'm mortal, but Xander is just—" Sabathiel screamed out in pain.

"Well, now you're mortal, your protection's weakened. Xander can fight you now." Dean explained.

"When I get out—" Sabathiel groaned. "You will feel pain beyond your wildest imagination." Sabathiel spat as he exited out of Xander's mouth, before disappearing into a vent in the wall. Xander's head went limp as he fell unconscious.

"Xander!" Willow cried, running over to him to see how he was.

"He'll be fine." Dean said, running over to check on Sam. "And so will Sam."

"So— where's Buffy?" Giles pondered, walking over to Dean.

"She should find us soon." Jack interrupted. "I just need a couple more minutes to expel her from Buffy's body." Just then, the doors of the library swung open and Sagillon stood there.

"It's funny that you think I can be stopped." Sagillon laughed egotistically. "Come at me." No-one moved a muscle but Jack, who stepped forward. "You're going to try exorcising me again? Newsflash, kid, I'm a Knight of Hell; I'm immune."

"And I am God." Jack responded bluntly, reaching his hand out and closing his eyes, focusing hard. Sagillon attempted to move but was unsuccessful.

"You bastard!" she exclaimed. Dean walked forward slightly, wondering what was happening.

"I-I can't quite kill her." Jack admitted. "But I c-can expel her f-from Buffy's body, I just need to focus." His hand started shaking slightly, and his eyes shot open, glowing his iconic yellow. Sagillon started convulsing and shaking, refusing to let herself be expelled. Jack reached out his other arm and his eyes glowed even more, and even a little energy emanated from his hands. After several more minutes, Sagillon eventually gave up— but not without leaving a message.

"You can't stop us. We will return." Sagillon scowled as a huge, black cloud of smoke released out of Buffy's mouth and even nostrils— something Sam and Dean had never seen before. It scared them slightly.

— —

"Look, I'm sorry to have to leave so soon, but something came up." Sam apologised as he stood next to the Impala.

"It's okay." Buffy comforted. "We know who to call if ever we need help."

"Course." Dean grinned. He hugged Buffy one more time as he hopped into the car and drove away, into the sunset.

— — — —

"Sam? Dean? We have a situation. A demon situation." Buffy said through the phone, as an answer message. She put the phone down and sighed as she put her head in her hands. Recently, she just found out Glory is a God and, to add to her stress, she had reason to believe that Sagillon had returned. Upon that was the recent death of her Mother, crushing Buffy and the Scooby's morale. So she'd decided to call the Winchesters for some help.