Chapter Nine

Takes place between Buffy 5.18 and 5.19.

Sam and Dean pulled up next to Buffy's house in the impala as Dean turned to his brother, who was driving.

"So... there's this God lady who wants this key to, what, go home?" Dean checks, looking confusedly at Sam.

"Yeah, that's how it is as far as I understand." Sam had recently finished Season 5 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the season in which Glory is the primary antagonist. "Let's go." He leaves the car and shuts the door, watching Dean do the same. They both walk up the path and knock on the door waiting for a response.

After a few long and awkward moments, a very tired looking Buffy answers.

"Hey, Buffy." Sam greets. Buffy doesn't respond, but gestures for them to enter, which they do. She leads them to the front room where Xander, Willow and Dawn sat.

Willow seemed more chipper than the other two, getting up and hugging the two whilst Xander stayed sat and just gave a sheepish wave.

Lacking any sort of subtlety whatsoever, Dawn borderline yelled;

"Who are these guys?" she stood up, staring at Dean and Sam.

"We're the dudes who're gonna save your asses." Dean snapped, receiving a scolding stare from Sam. Dean shrugged and looked at Buffy. "What's going on?" She rubbed her temples before giving an answer; she was clearly very stressed out.

"There's a God of some sort, named Glory. Long story short, she wants Dawn so she can go home, but that'll end the world so we need to stop her." she explained.

"And why do you need us?" Dean asked carefully.

"Because we think Sagillon and Sabathiel are back. And we could probably use some help with Glory." Buffy sighed.

"We'll help you." Sam smiled as he pulled Dean aside. "Dean, if Sagillon and Sabathiel are here as well as Glory..." It took him a moment, but eventually Dean's mouth fell open.

"They could be working together." Dean finished Sam's sentence. "We should tell them."

"No. They have enough on their plate. We'll stay in our lane, deal with Sagillon and Sabathiel and then focus on Glory. We still don't know for certain if they're working together." Sam explained.

"You're right." Dean replied, scratching his head as the pair stepped back into the living room. "Okay, what happened with our two friends?" Buffy guided the two over to the kitchen and showed them printed pictures of a man and a woman in the corner of a bar, and in one of the pictures the man's eyes glow a bright blue and the woman's black.

Sam and Dean took the pictures and said they'd investigate, and they did. After a rest, they head out at night, leaving the impala outside of the Summers' residence, the pair walked through Sunnydale— and, more specifically, the graveyard. The brothers were being as cautious as possible here, they had their machetes out and at the ready.

From the bushes, a pair of yellow eyes poked through. At that point, Spike sprinted out and attacked the brothers— surprisingly not hurting him. Prepared for an attack, the brothers raised their weapons and Spike raised his hands, still somewhat used to not being able to attack people. At this point, Sam realised who this was and gave his brother a look, signalling for him to lower his weapon.

"Look, we're not gonna hurt you." Sam said reluctantly. He really didn't want to spare Spike.

"Did you— Did you not just see me?" Spike seemed stunned. "I was gonna rip your throat out!"

"But you didn't." Dean smirked.

"Because I'm used to gettin' hurt when I try to eat people!" Spike shouted.