Chapter 25

بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيم

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

*sneaks quietly*

Assalaamu Alaikum 🧕🏾

Gooood morning!!!

Surprise!🎊

How're y'all? 😅

Ik it's been forever and I'm a messed up writer. I honestly have no reasonable excuse.

Some of you have been asking if everything's fine. Thank you for caring Alhamdullillah I'm okay.

Anyways here's an update after eternity 😂

I can't promise you it's worth the wait cos even i look up to the old KhairyMGana these days. The brain just isn't same 😭

I'm so grateful to all of you who stayed with me and encouraged me in my MIA days to update. I love y'all so so much.

Actually my dolly has been bugging me for an update for about a month but today @reelarh 's comment finally did it. I decided not to sit and wait for inspiration to come to me but to look for it instead.

Thanks again, i love you. Each time someone commented "please update" I usually wrote atleast a sentence after reading it but it didn't go far. I was totally stuck. Finally i think I've written something that might make a little sense.

I love you

hope you like it ❤️

Not edited.

Enjoy 😊

🥀🥀🥀
Adnaan
I gazed at the mirror again. Readying myself before coming out of the room. No place in the house was safe now, she was everywhere. Everywhere but my room which was always hunted by nightmares. But it felt safer. At least I didn't have to experience feelings I couldn't describe or understand. I didn't have to feel my chest squeeze when she laughs or my skin tingle when we accidentally touch.

How did i become such a girl?

When I felt I was ready enough, I walked out of the room. There was no one upstairs. I walked downstairs, checked the kitchen and the backyard. Still no laylah. I inquired from the maid. She had left for school early. I felt a bit disappointed but ignored it. I was supposed to be avoiding her.

I didn't have breakfast, because she didn't cook it. When I got to the office there was already a sandwich and coffee on the table. I took a sip, her tea was much better. Suddenly I had no appetite.

"Sir, the meeting with the directors is in fifteen minutes" Nancy reported. When did she get in?

"I didn't hear a knock" I hissed with controlled anger.

"Sir i...." she fumbled.

"Never come in here without knocking. Get it?" she whispered an apology and closed the door behind her after leaving.