Chapter 15

بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيم

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Assalaamu alaikum 🧕🏾

How're y'all?

I know it's been long but I'm here to make up for it.

Longest chapter ever💃💃

Over 6.5k words!!!!!!!🤩

Literally spent the whole of today writing this.🤧

Not edited.

Enjoy 😊

🥀🥀🥀
Laylah
Three months came and passed real quick. Faster than i wanted it to. It was only 2 weeks to the wedding and my skin care routine had already started.

Getting married felt like such a chore. I'm sure pinky didn't have to do any halawa or a ton of shopping and spending minutes in a bath tub full of milk.

"I deserve to be paid for this, this is harder than some jobs" i said to the only cousins that knew it was an arranged marriage. Every body else was clueless. Aunty ajaana got suspicious because it was like this; mommy was complaining about our situation today and the next thing she says her daughter's wedding is in 4 months.

Aunty ajaana let it go till she arrived at our house over a week ago and told my mom she couldn't fool her. She was a very wise woman. The oldest in mommy's side and probably the wisest in both my parents sides.

So she told aunty amina as well and her three oldest daughters that were attending the wedding. Ya Amne was the oldest at 24 and she had one daughter, iman and then ya amma was the second at 22 she had one daughter as well, huda and then there was my favorite, zahra and she was the same age as me.

She was probably my favorite cousin and she was the only female cousin who's birthday was so close to mine.

Ya amma laughed at my complain "it'll be all worth it in sha Allah"

"Do you want to go to his house looking like garbage?" Ya amne asked.

"That I don't" i replied.

"So now you'll attend my wedding as a married woman" zahra whom i call baby complained. And i shrugged "i guess" maybe we'll get divorced before then.

Yaana, the woman that came from maiduguri to do my gyaran jiki said it was time for me to take a shower and stay in the milk bath for fourty minutes.

Though i hated the pain in doing halawa and having to stay hours with dilke, I loved the milk bath and also how smooth my skin felt. If I didn't want to look pretty for him i wanted to look pretty for me.

After i got out, i prayed isha and started getting ready to sleep. We were all going shopping the nest day so we all slept early.

🍀 🍀🍀🍀🍀
It was already Thursday of the wedding week. Mommy and some of my aunties went to see the house i was moving into and also to do the jere of my bedroom.