Part 1: No Rules In Breakable Heaven

Part 1: No Rules In Breakable HeavenSneak peek

Sneak peek

Being shot point-blank in the head is the only thing Emery would probably consider as remotely close to being worse than this.

"Let us out!" he fumed, banging his fists against the sole thing that's keeping him from ripping off the heads of the dumbasses he calls his friends. "We can hear you laughing! Open the damn door!"

No matter how thick the damn door was, he could still hear dumb and dumber's giggles slipping through the cracks. Bryce and Ian on the other hand are probably already passed out on the floor after having so much to drink, and the girls are more than likely trashing the kitchen right now, trying to make brownies with a tray of eggs and half a sack of baking soda, not that Emery has to deal with any of that tomorrow. Oh no, wait, yes he does. 

He could pause and explain the context of all this but that would mean reliving the moment he agreed to be a part of this crap, so no, he's not gonna. Instead, he's gonna keep screaming until the stupid leaves whoever was holding the keys to the worst door on earth, no matter the cost.

"This isn't funny!" he yelled, squinting through the door's gap before lining his mouth with the keyhole. "Asher, let us out!"

The man who calls himself Asher snorted, letting out a loud laugh, the stench of alcohol that latched itself to the air around them reaching Emery's side despite the barrier. "No~"

"Oh for f-" Emery fumed, kicking the bottom of the door before sliding down on his back hopelessly against the wall, his ass landing on the floor with an unsatisfying thud. He's beginning to regret spending his last summer before college like this, sober, with no more than half a mind to spare to a bunch of halfwits, and he's definitely tired of cleaning after half-assed drunks.

And he's officially run out of insults.

From across him, Cameron chuckled bitterly, equally unimpressed but not determined enough to get out of there to argue with two intoxicated fools who can't tell the difference between their right and left hands.

"Come on guys," he said when he noticed Emery glaring at the floor. "Emery's starting to camouflage with his hair."

The redhead glared at Cameron from under his eyebrows. Emery may like this guy to death, probably, but even Cameron he'd kill if he pisses him off.

Okay, that's a lie. But it's the thought that counts.

"It's the game," Blake sang as he began dancing aimlessly across the floor. "You gotta do what the game says, Cam."

"I don't care, let us out!" Emery shouted back angrily.

Not one sound was made following that except for Cate and Allison's distant voices chanting, "kiss! kiss! kiss!" along the grinding screech of the garbage disposal.