Chapter 35: In Due Time

Cameron woke up excited for once

It's not that he's devoid of positive emotions or anything, but there's a difference between waking up happy and waking up feeling like you can conquer the whole world. The thought didn't come on its own. As usual, there's always a catalyst, and right now, it's standing next to his guitar, talking to his mother on the phone.

Judging by his damp red hair and the new shirt he was wearing, Emery had woken up early and showered. His back was turned on Cameron, laughing at something his mom said while simultaneously fixing the pleats of the curtain in front of him. Cameron wasn't going to admit that he was bummed to see his yellow shirt anywhere else but on Emery, but he can learn to appreciate the greater things in life.

Like Emery's thighs.

After a few minutes in the bathroom (to freshen up a little), Cameron came back looking half better than he did when he woke up. Emery was still on the phone, but the blond decided that he wasn't letting that get in the way. It was too late anyway. His mind was set...

On Emery's thighs.

If it wasn't clear yet, Cameron has a thing for them. He wasn't anywhere near telling anyone that, but Emery wasn't that far from finding out either.

Game of Thrones the night before was definitely a bad idea.

It's still early (or maybe not, he can't exactly tell because his mind is 10% brain and 90% bowl of mush), so Cameron can't be held responsible if his brain hasn't yet woken up enough to form respectful thoughts accepted by today's society.

To be fair, he is doing his very best. Being a gentleman is hard work, and being a gentleman around someone as beautiful and clueless and as gifted thigh-wise as Emery was his Twelve Labors. So you'll have to forgive him if his brain is not functioning as well as it could.

But again, it's trying.

"He did?" Emery muttered quietly, unaware of Cameron tiptoeing behind him. "I'm not surprised-"

Emery's words were cut short when a pair of strong arms wound themselves around him, shortly followed by someone's chin on his shoulder. He let out startled noise that surely didn't go unnoticed by his mom from the other line, but there was not much Cameron could do about that other than to try and keep his breathing quiet. The side of his face was getting wet from Emery's hair, but it smelled good, so he didn't care as much.

Emery laughed, his free hand wandering over his waist where Cameron's arms were. "It's nothing. Yeah, yeah, I know... Yes. I will. I promise. Okay. Yeah, okay, I love you too. Bye."

Cameron watched as he ended the call with a big smile. Emery let out a breath before putting his phone away and placing a hand on Cameron's face.

"Hey. Did I wake you?" he asked softly.

Cameron shook his head, pressing a soft kiss on Emery's knuckles before pulling the redhead's arms behind him. He leaned forward for a hug, burying his face in Emery's neck, and took a deep breath before asking, "That your mom and dad?"