o n e

~ 𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚 ~

Fridays were an exciting time in the X-Mansion. They were exactly one day away from the weekend - even less if you consider that the school day ends at half-past three, meaning the weekend starts at exactly 3:31 p.m.

3:31 p.m.

The time every student dreamt of throughout breakfast, their first few classes, lunch, training, and the rest of their classes. Because when that bell rang, every student was free to do anything (as long as it was within school rules, of course).

Play games. Go outside. Go shopping. To the movies. Anything a kid could dream of (... as long as school rules were obeyed).

And to any kid or teenager, that sounded like a dream. 3:31 p.m., and a whole two days were left for nothing but fun.

Amara Haynes (or as everyone called her, despite her deep hatred of the name, Aya) knew that was how she should have felt.

Jean Grey, Amara's best friend, certainly felt that way. She was practically jumping out of her seat, itching to go do something since that time - 3:31 p.m. - was only fifty-two minutes away.

Jubilation Lee (or Jubilee, as she preferred) felt that way too. She whispered something excitedly over to Jean, which earned her a giggle in return, and the two continued to quietly chatter away.

Amara sighed, glancing up at the clock from her position at the back of the classroom with her delicate hazel eyes. Fifty-one minutes, and she could lock herself in her room for the weekend, bury herself in her notes, stuff her face with ice cream and play on her Atari all night.

The perfect weekend for the quiet, introverted girl.

She knew her whole life was a cliche; the sad, depressing, lonely girl that never had any fun with anyone. But she couldn't help it. Alone was how she liked it, and alone was how she would be happy.

A small section of her black curly hair fell into her face as she tried to scribble down what Hank was writing on the board, though she was able to quickly flip it away and continue on.

"Hey," a voice muttered. Amara looked up quickly to follow its source.

Instantly, her eyes rolled. She turned back to the board to copy the note while none other than Peter Maximoff rolled his chair over and leaned onto the girls' lab bench.

"What are you doin' tonight?" he asked. "Cryin' into your pillow wishin' you weren't so stupid?"

Amara fought the urge to roll her eyes again as she whispered back, "Crying into my pillow cause I had to look at your ugly face again today. Nightmares - it truly brings nightmares."

Peter chuckled. He pushed his lollipop from one side of his mouth to the other with his tongue and winked, prompting Amara to stick a finger in her mouth and pretend to gag.

She had never gotten along with cocky, stupid, pretty boy Peter Maximoff. Even just mentioning the name made her want to shiver and turn the other way, yet he was still able to speed on in and ruin the perfect thing she had been doing at that moment (not be anywhere near him).

It was like every time he walked by she just wanted to crawl away and hide, and his stupid ego made him that much more unbearable. She never understood why every time he talked to a girl, they would blush or twirl their hair or smile shyly, while all she wanted to do was make a beeline for her room and shut the lock tight.

"Are you saying I show up in your dreams?" he smirked, running a hand through his hair.

Amara snorted. "Only in your dreams."