s e v e n

~ 𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚 ~

The soldiers shoved the mutants out of the cell. Amara went first, but she didn't put up much of a fight as she followed the main man out of the room. She continued to walk forward with one soldier holding each of her shoulders tightly.

Unlike Peter, who she could hear struggling against the men holding him down (so much so that one of her soldiers went back to help keep him down), Amara focused her attention on the layout of the place they were being held in.

The corners of her lips continued to push down as they walked by rows upon rows of empty cells - some with cuffs chained to the wall, some with no windows, some with wooden beds - but all were vacant of people.

The stone was cold and rough against her bare feet. It was a left, two rights, another left, up a flight of stairs, diagonal right at a five-way intersection, a left, and a right through a massive doorway.

She noticed that the Remedy logo had been carved into the stone walls many times throughout their journey, and the endless halls of cells never had another person sitting inside. Why the hell they had her and Peter locked up so far away, she would never know.

The door they entered led them to a large circular stone room with many computers and desks filled with various tools. There were also two tables, each of them with straps bolted to their tops where arms and legs were to be placed.

Standing around the perimeter of the room were seven more guards, each of them standing still and holding their weapons, while in the center stood a short, stout man in a lab coat, and the evil man she had seen when the door to the truck opened.

"Ah, Graeme!" the man in the lab coat exclaimed with a grin. "Glad to see your men could make it here in one piece!"

"You were right, Yulis," the main man that brought them in - Graeme - chuckled. "Tried to play it all innocent when we walked in. They're good, though. I'll give 'em that."

"Yes, these two are feisty." The evil man smiled as he walked up to Peter, who glared daggers at him while the five men around him kept him in place. The evil man chuckled, his accent thick as he walked over to Amara and continued. "They're essential to the plan. All we need is that Xavier character, and we'll have everyone we need."

Amara kept her head high when he leaned down and trailed his eyes over her face.

"It's a shame he couldn't have come with you. Too bad he wasn't at that mansion, either. But I'm sure there are other methods of finding him."

She cringed when he raised one of his hands to rub his thumb along her cheek.

"Aw, don't be like that," he chuckled. "Dr. Dietrich! Come get this stuff off her face."

There was a pause of silence from everyone as the stout man in the lab coat hurried over to the sink to dampen a cloth, then waddled over to her on his shorter legs. He pushed his glasses up his face before walking up to rub at her eyes, making her cringe even more; not just from the surprise of the cold water, but from the aggressive way he washed the make up away.

Amara jolted when he pressed roughly against the scab on her head from getting it banged against the bars. He ignored it.

Once the evil man was satisfied, Dr. Dietrich stepped back and walked over to one of his computers.

The evil man grinned. "Much better."

"Alright!" Dr. Dietrich called. "Bring them over."

Amara unconsciously fought against the grip of the men on her. She didn't want to go over. Not one bit.

Peter was struggling against all of his guards again, but one of them had finally gotten fed up and kneed him hard in the stomach, which allowed them to drag his body over to the table and plop him on top of it.

Fear rose through her body as she instinctively tried to use her mutation to protect herself, but nothing happened. Instead, she was pulled onto the other table and tied down at the wrists, shoulders, knees, ankles, and head. She desperately wanted It to come back.

"Okay, muties," Dr. Dietrich sighed, standing between the two of them and smiling. "My name is Dr. Yulis Dietrich, and this here is my good friend, Ivan Kiselyov-"

Said evil man smiled and waved at them. Amara hated his face, with his stupid crooked nose, balding head and grey-blue eyes.

"-who you may know for creating the brilliant company Remedy, where we promise to cure every mutant of the horrible disease they've all been cursed with. As long as they are complacent, of course. Others, however, are just... meant to be disposed of."

Amara gulped.

"You two should be excited! You're about to become some of the most valuable assets to making this operation a success!"

"Go to hell," seethed Peter, fighting against his restraints.

Dr. Dietrich cocked his head to the side, then waved a finger at one of the guards, who walked over and jammed the butt of his gun into Peter's nose. Amara jolted when he cried out.

"Remember what I said about being complacent. Now, you two will not only be critical in the research of mutations, but also the finding and collecting of others! And, don't worry, dear," he cooed as he walked to stand above her head and trace down the bridge of her nose. "We know what happens when you lose control. We're counting on it."

Amara bit on her tongue to keep herself from saying anything.

She squinted her eyes as Dr. Dietrich moved a light directly over her face to examine her, and once he was done, small stars clouded her vision. He moved away to do the same to Peter.

"Oh, ho, ho! Ivan, my good friend... our plan will be put ahead by at least two months now that we possess these fools."

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"That's very good news, Doctor."

"Now, since we weren't expecting this shipment so early, our technology is not fully prepared. We'll have to wait to perform the tests we actually need."

"Keep them as long as you need, Doctor," Kiselyov chuckled. "They're not going anywhere."

"And the experiments?"

"Get what you need. But, they must be alive and ready for when I need them."

"Of course, of course."

Kiselyov nodded and left without another word, leaving Amara to dread what was coming next. She didn't want to be experimented on. She just wanted to go home. Crawl into her bed and never leave it again.

"Okay," Dr. Dietrich sighed. "Let's start with brain activity."

"Brain?!" Peter called, but the doctor shushed him quickly.

"None of this rattling while I work! Too much of it and I cut your tongue!"

Amara clamped her mouth shut. She was never speaking again.

"Okay. Here we are."

She squirmed on the table as the doctor pressed two pieces of something cool against her temple, then put a mouthguard between her teeth.

"And... let's start with a hundred volts."

Amara couldn't do anything when the pain began searing her head except let out a scream that tore through her throat.

*****

w/c: 1243

a/n: do you hate remedy as much as i do? lmao i know that i made them bad guy and everything, but as i kept writing, it was just like... ugh. what do you think? please don't forget to like, comment, and vote if you enjoyed!! xx