t w e n t y - n i n e

~ 𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚 ~

Amara cleared her throat and straightened her back, continuing her conversation with It while she moved down the stairs. Hopefully, she wasn't going to have to rethink her plan too much. Maybe, to Peter, that was just a one time thing to him, and he would move on from it easily.

She decided to ignore every single word he said before, because if she pretended that he didn't say he would basically die for her, that meant that he didn't like her that way, right? No, he didn't like her, and therefore she could keep him away.

Amara frowned deeply. She fucked up, and she did it in the worst way possible.

He would be safe with us.

"No," she said instantly, hopping down the last step. "He wouldn't. I don't trust you. Or that I'll be able to stop you."

But I promise I'll protect him-

"Just like how you promised you wouldn't look at him in the shower?" she asked, raising her eyebrows and stepping into the kitchen.

That's different. He peeked first! I was simply returning the favor. And you were the one that basically begged him to fuck you-

"Okay, that's not what happened-"

'Oh, please Peter, make me forget the horrors of my past-'

"Because you would have done so much better, right?"

Well, for starters, he would have been the one doing the begging-

"You disgust me." She paused for a minute to pick up one of the cans. "Make yourself useful - do you remember reading anything Russian? Can you translate this?"

I'll do my best.

She huffed and turned the can over. "And stop judging my methods. Have you ever had sex before?"

No, but I've read the same books you have, and it's enough to know that you were-

"Scared? Yeah. I was."

Unreasonably so.

"Why? Because it felt good?"

Very good.

Amara rolled her eyes. "God, how I wish it was Peter's mutation that was able to break through."

Oh, wait, I think I've got something!

Her eyebrows raised. "Really?!"

Yeah, that first line!

She squinted her eyes and followed the words. "Yeah?"

It says, "Fuck you!"

"You absolute piece of shit - this is exactly why we can't be around people!"

I thought it was because I like to watch them suffer.

"That, too."

I think it's just because you're no fun.

"Gouging people's eyes out isn't fun! It's murderous! And wrong! And disgusting!"

And fun.

"'Hey, Peter, I know you said you want to help me, but do you really wanna be with someone that has a demonic voice that tells her it's fun to rip people apart limb by limb and then actually go and do it because she's fucked up in the head and can't control the monstrosity living inside her-'"