t h i r t y - t h r e e

~ 𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚 ~

"Run!" Amara screamed, motioning for Peter to go into the forest with the girl while the town alarms wailed.

She was relieved when Peter listened instantly.

Sticking close to him as much as she could, Amara ran either just behind or beside him while turning around briefly to prevent bullets from reaching him. She hopped over a log, then did a quick 180 to slice at the bottom of a tree, which fell on top of two of the guards.

Although she was proud of herself for keeping up her pace with Peter, there was only one way for this to go: she was going to have to draw the guards away from him. Her hand waved around in a small circle, creating the same gecko from the Remedy base in the palm of her hand.

"Take him back to the house," she whispered to the lizard, "and don't leave his side after you do. If something happens to me, tell him to run."

The gecko gave a quick nod of approval before jumping off her hand and dashing ahead. Instantly, she turned herself invisible and dashed to the left, using her power to help lift her higher up in a tree. The view she gained helped her stop the guards and protect Peter's back until he was out of sight.

Her focus shifted solely to the guards when he was gone. Their steps were slow and their rifles pointed up towards the trees. She waited, only because she wanted to catch her breath. The chill of the air showed her breath as her chest heaved.

Eventually, one of the guards began constantly firing his weapon at the tops of the trees. It was unfortunately in her direction, forcing her to jump from one tree to another and give away her position. Everyone was suddenly firing at her.

She jumped down from a tree and used her power to push her to a new location faster and undetected.

There are six of them. Four behind, two in front. More are on the way. A lot more.

Amara snuck up behind one with a smaller gun. With her power, she forced the weapon under his chin just as he pulled the trigger, and he fell to the ground.

The circle of weapons were trained back on her, but she remained unseen to them.

Two o'clock. He's got a machine gun.

Her eyes immediately moved there, where she saw the very thing It said. An evil grin crept onto her face as an idea popped into her head.

She closed her eyes, keeping herself still and listening to her surroundings. The men were in a slight panic, waving their guns around, but with no idea where to shoot them. After the readjusting of Machine-Gun Guy, Amara used her power to push the trigger of the massive weapon.

She leaned back as far as her body would allow her as she directed the gun around in a circle to hit every man in the chest. They all spasmed as multiple bullets hit their chests, arms, and heads, and they all fell to the ground, completely limp.

Amara made herself visible to the last man standing; the one holding the machine gun. His face was pale with horror as he looked at the bloodbath surrounding him. Her head cocked to the side when he caught sight of her, and she chuckled when his chin quivered and his head shook.

The gun fell to his feet, and he whipped around, trying to make a break for it. Her power pushed his head into the nearest tree. He wasn't going to move anymore.

At the sound of more guards screaming orders, Amara looked around. The village was the best destination since it led them away from Peter, so that was where she headed.

The bullets were loud in the air as she ran into the street, and so were the screams of the townspeople. She ducked under a fruit stand at the sight of at least a dozen guards on either side of her, but she had to keep moving, since the woman behind the stand kicked her in the ribs and the man almost swung at her with his pitchfork. The stand blew up as she ducked under the next one, which held blankets and clothes.