o n e - y e a r - a g o | t w o

~ 𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚 ~

Hank landed the plane. Peter left with Raven - that was how she figured out Peter had superspeed. The rest of the group began fighting. Amara decided to wait it out until she was needed.

She walked through the rubble that was Cairo and looked around. It was completely destroyed, just like the X-Mansion. Whoever these guys were, they only seemed to bring destruction. She knew they were bad, and she knew they had to go.

A frown crossed her face when she heard someone cry out, and she decided to follow it. Amara climbed a pile of rubble and peeked her head up to see what was going on.

Peter was laying on the ground, one foot stuck in the dirt while the other leg lay broken. The blue god Doofus (or something like that - she couldn't remember his name) had his hand clutching onto Peter's hair to keep his neck exposed while the purple woman from before walked up to him with her sword.

Before Amara could realize what was happening, she raised the sword and sliced Doofus's throat. Unfortunately for her, he healed in an instant and grabbed her neck, which revealed her to be Raven.

Amara gulped. Doofus began calling out for Charles, and she knew that this was when she was needed. Sighing to herself, Amara scooted down, ignited her power, and inhaled shakily.

It was only a matter of time, Kahuna.

"I know," she whispered.

It was always only a matter of time until she had to use her power.

She watched the black wispiness of her energy dance around her hand, and Doofus called out for Charles again. Now she was getting mad. Her anger was fueling her to move forward and push all of the rubble out other way with her mutation, which gathered the attention of Doofus and Peter.

First, she raised her hand to get him to let go of Raven and set her off to the side. She then pushed Doofus back into a building and used her power to get it to crumble down on top of him, which gave her enough time to turn to Peter and break the ground to get him loose.

Oh, he's cute, Kahuna. We should take him. See what he's like when he squirms.

Amara ignored It as she set him on the ground away from where the upcoming battle was about to ensue. She looked into his eyes for only a split second, but it was enough to make her pause, much longer than a split second. There really was something captivating about them. Like how, if she stared into them long enough, nothing would hurt her anymore. All of her problems would be solved.

You like him too, don't you? Come on, you know you do. Just snatch him. It'll be fun.

Amara swallowed It down. She didn't have time for that.

The rocks crumbled beneath her body as she stood up and turned around, only to see Doofus break through the debris of the building. He rolled out his shoulders and cocked his head to the side, giving a small chuckle.

"You," he muttered, pointing to her. "I like you."

Amara ignored his words as she continued to walk forward. She knew that if she used her power for too long, It would take over, so she had to make her moves carefully. She was going to have to listen to some of It's commands to keep It satisfied, but there would be a limit.

Her fingers wiggled, causing a small ripple to shake the earth beneath her, then began swirling her wrists to start collecting it. The rocks gathered around her palms and the wind began to pick up, blowing her hair back behind her as she cocked her own head to the side.

"You could join me. And when I rule, you could be beside me."

Her dark eyes squinted at him.

Oh, that'll be fun. Just think of all the ways to rip apart the people that disobey. It giggled in excitement.

Amara gave Doofus the finger.

You're no fun.

"Fine," Doofus sighed. "Have it your way."

Amara threw her power forward the same time Doofus did, which caused them both to meet in the middle. The resistance against what she was doing was strong, so she pushed harder. Her eyesight was growing a little darker - a sign that It was trying to take over.

I know, I know. I'll be good, Kahuna. I promise. I just wanna have a little fun.

Fun. That was It's favorite word, and Amara knew better than to let It come back and "have a little fun". That only ended in much more destruction than would have ever happened in the first place. So, she decided to spread out her other hand to grab a boulder and slam Doofus with it, then encase him in her power and raise him up into the air.

She didn't even realize that her feet were being lifted off the ground - she only focused on the being in front of her.

His bright, glowing white eyes contrasted hers, so whatever he tried to do with them fell flat to her opposite. She began to squeeze her hand shut, which made Doofus grunt in pain. Her anger was slipping.

Her hate for the mutant in front of her was rising - which was how she was able to stop the building he tried to collapse on her and put her hand on his throat when he tried to use his speed and attack her. Her teeth grit together as she leaned into his face with a frown of disgust.

Amara used the hand that was squeezing his throat to trail her power down his body and bind his limbs. She could feel him trying to get in her head - trying to play a mind game with her like Charles would. But she was having none of it.

Instead, she raised her free hand to his forehead and gave him back whatever game he was trying to play, which made him squirm around and gasp for breath.

Amara couldn't hear the voices of her friends as they called out to her. Her senses were being blocked out, and so were her morals. Everything was being clouded and her will of annihilation was becoming stronger.

Her eyes were wide with mock as she stared Doofus down and pressed against his stomach, where she let her power go and find each of his organs to squeeze. She could feel his pain; she wanted to feel more of it. She wanted to watch him suffer and bleed out on the floor in front of her, no matter how long it took him to die.

She was more than angry. She was enraged.

He deserves it. He's an idiot. He's killed thousands of people just to get where he is. He deserves it.

She pressed even harder and clenched her hand together, feeling the tiniest amount of satisfaction as Doofus' skull began to crack under her pressure. Just a simple wiggle of her fingers had him screaming, which made a large grin spread across her face.

The black energy poured from the tips of her fingers and clouded his skin, making him go dark and death-like, but she made sure the torture inside was unbearable. No matter what it took, she was going to make sure-

Aya! It's okay, Aya, we're right here! a voice faintly called. Let us help you! We know who you are, don't let it control you!

Amara flinched.

That was Jean. Jean. Jean.

Jean would never approve of this! What was she doing?

The split second of distraction was all Doofus needed. In the blink of an eye, she lost her grip on the false god, who latched his hand around her neck and threw her across the battlefield, directly into a building.

w/c: 1316

a/n: oh no, jean stopped her!! do you think this was the right call?? or should jean have waited for her to finish the job?? please vote, comment, and share if you enjoyed!! xx