f o r t y - o n e

~ 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 ~

Peter.

Peter, wake up!

"Amara."

Wake up, Peter!

Peter!

It's time to get up!

Come on, Peter!

Peter! Wake up!

"Amara."

Come on, Peter, you have to get up!

Get up, Peter!

Wake up!

Peter's body jolted awake, scared and confused. He didn't even make it three seconds before his body gagged, throwing up the rest of the black liquid onto the ground underneath him. As he groaned and wiped at his face, the memories of the unfortunate circumstances that happened before he passed out flooded his mind.

The cell was darker than it was before. Not to mention, empty.

His eyebrows knit in confusion.

"Amara?" he called. He was certain he heard her voice. It wasn't a dream, was it?

She's in the throne room.

Peter jumped again, looking around wildly. There was no mistaking it. That was Amara. He could hear her perfectly. Where the hell was she?

I'm sorry I startled you. But it's time we get moving.

He sat frozen on the ground. Her voice. It was distorted, like it was when she used her powers. But the most distorted it could be. Like it was when they escaped the base.

Like it was when It took over.

This was the only way Kahuna could tell you the plan. They're watching her every move.

He licked his dry lips. "'Kahuna'?"

Amara.

"Am-Amara?"

We learned it on a trip to Hawaii when she was still with her family. One of its meanings is similar to a master sorcerer. She reminds you of that, no?

"I... I guess."

I'd say our powers let us make some pretty amazing magic.

Peter was able to put the pieces together rather quickly. That was Amara's voice, but it was talking about her as if she were someone else. This was It. It was inside his head. But why? How?

This is interesting. I can't read your thoughts.

"Can you read Amara's?"

Yes... but we've never tried this before. Perhaps this won't be as fun as I hoped.

Something told him it was much better that It wasn't able to read his mind. Who knows the kind of shit It would find and whisper to Amara, and he'd be embarrassed beyond belief.

It's time to go, Peter.

"Go? Go where?"

To blow the place up, of course!

"Blow the pla-"

His jaw dropped. The gate to his cell was open.

Kahuna wants you to know that we're sorry. We never want to hurt you, Peter. But, we had to get that filthy... poison out of your body. It was the only way to get your mutation back quickly. We couldn't wait any longer.