t w e n t y - s e v e n

~ 𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚 ~

The master bedroom at the end of the hall was dim when Peter carried her through the door. A small glance at the clock told her that it was- actually, it was broken, because one of the hands wasn't even there. She didn't pay attention to it for long, though. Not when her heart beat a little faster than usual in the anticipation of what was next.

When she turned her head to look at Peter, his eyebrows were knit and the corners of his lips were slightly creased downwards. Amara had to remind herself that he wasn't cute, and he wasn't something that she wanted to hold in every way possible. No, he wasn't. He just happened to make her feel good, and if she was honest, she needed a little bit of that right now.

What she wanted was to feel good. Not him. She didn't want him at all. Nope. No way.

She was surprised at how unashamed she was in front of him, especially when considering how different their lives were in terms of what they were about to do.

Peter wasn't a womanizer or anything like that, but he had been known to get around. It was safe to say he knew what he was doing. Amara, on the other hand, hadn't made out with a boy since she was fourteen. That itself should've been the most mortifying thing to admit as a teenager that lived in a mansion with hundreds of kids her age.

But it wasn't. It wasn't like that with Peter, and she wished she knew why. Why she was so comfortable with him after an entire year of being at each other's throats. Why the hatred she had for him was melting away so much faster than it should have. Why butterflies filled her insides as Peter set her down on the bed and looked at her with the most gentle, caring gaze anyone had ever given her in her life.

It didn't take much for her to cup his jaw and bring his lips down to hers. Kissing him was different than in the shower, since before she had his stubble tickling her palm, whereas now she was met with the soft, smooth skin of his cheeks as she pulled him in closer.

Amara decided downstairs that she didn't want It chirping in her ear as this happened.

This was between her and Peter. It would only make everything rushed, and unimportant, and even though she was the Shadow, and the Shadow was her (and the Shadow would definitely not stop talking about this), she wanted to be the one to influence her movements. Not some psychotic demon determined to make everything as extreme as possible.

So, she forced herself to stop healing in the hope that she could keep It tame, just for a while. She just wanted to focus on him, and the way he made her feel.

Peter was warm, and she liked that. She liked trailing her fingers down to hold onto his arms as he pushed her down on the bed, and the fuzzy feeling she got as he cupped her face instead to deliver a slow, passionate kiss.

He seemed to understand that she wasn't overly experienced, and it sent a small sense of relief through her body. He was taking his time, and the way he was holding her told her there was no reason to be nervous.

His slow movements gave her time to think, too. About the movements he was making, the feel of him pressed up against her, the things she felt as he hiked her leg over his waist, then caressed the tips of his fingers up and down the back of her thigh.

She wasn't lying before when she said Peter helped her forget about Remedy and everything that happened at the base. It was like her mind could only focus on him.

His hair tickled her cheeks and she reached up to tuck it behind his ears, but after a minute, she put her leg down and sat up. It forced the kiss apart and left them breathless, and Peter crawled back (barely) to give her some room.