XV

The school's prom is today. To say I'm excited is an understatement. Everyone has been talking about this day for the past month. Prom marks the start of competition season as a lot of people have their competitions around the weekend after prom as prom is on a Wednesday. Why is it on a wednesday? Who knows...

We still have our classes and training before but the classes end early because of those who have to finish setting up the whole venue. Our prom is usually held in different hotels throughout the city but this year, our prom is in the Westin Chosun Hotel which caused a huge uproar with the students as the school never had anything in such a fancy place. Naturally, the spirits are high as I walk through the main building where most classes are held and come up to Yoona and Hyejin who are animatly talking to each other.

"We should hide it in your bras, maybe." Exclaims Hyejin to which I chuckle. "What are you two talking about?" They turn their heads my way and beckon me to come closer before Hyejin whispers, "We're sneaking in alcohol tonight." I look at her blankly, "We're allowed to drink there, you know?" "Yeah but I highly doubt it's going to be anything strong..." "I heard it's gonna be wine, champagne and some other stuff." Yohan says as he joins in on the conversation. His girlfriend's mouth shuts as she was about to say something but then lets out a mere "Oh." There goes her plan.

"You can still sneak in alcohol for the after party?" He tries to make her feel better but Yoona and I just laugh at his attempts. "Getting ready at mine later?" I ask her as we walk towards our classes. She nods before disappearing into her classroom.

The rest of the day goes by fairly quickly and soon enough, everyone is hiding in the rooms getting ready for the big night. Even though alcohol is definitely not allowed in the dorms, the supervisors are turning a blind eye, letting us do what we want tonight. "Tonight is the night." Yoona says and takes another shot from the bottle of vodka. "For what?" "To go crazy." She looks at me as if I'm crazy for not knowing. I laugh and grab the bottle from her, "You're right!" My head tilts back as the liquid burns my throat.

Our dresses are on and we're mindlessly dancing to the music while doing our hair and makeup. The prom starts at 9 p.m but we're arriving around 10 p.m, maybe. So we still have time on our hands.
As we continue drinking and getting ready, we continuously take pictures of each other and with each picture, my smile grows bigger. "Yoona, you're right. Tonight is the night! I'm feeling hot!" I unintentionally yell, not realizing the volume before giggling and falling onto my bed. "Yeseul! Are you and Seungyoun gonna hook up tonight?" Hyejin asks, looking at me from the mirror, bottle in one hand and mascara in the other. "I don't know, we haven't kissed." I sit straight and grab one of my shoes as I start putting them on as I'm done getting ready.

"Really?" Yoona asks, "I thought you guys already kissed at least. Aren't you two together?" My eyes widen, "No! We're just really close friends, almost like best friends. You thought we were together?" I let out an awkward laugh at the question. "Well you two look like one." She raises her hands in defeat and stands up once she's done with the hair.
"We do?" I mutter, mostly to myself and look at Hyejin who scoffs and nods after hearing me. "What about you, Yoona?" She almost chokes on her drink before pointing a finger to herself, "Me!?" We nod vigorously. "I don't know, maybe I'll try getting with Seungwoo, he's nice." I've never heard her be this shy. "Just nice?" I ask back with a laugh, making the two other girls join in. "And hot." Yoona adds with a louder laugh.

Soon enough, Hyejin gets a message from Yohan saying the limo is here. We were lucky enough to get a limo to drive to the venue. We walk outside and Hyejin runs to Yohan while Yoona says hi to him and Seungyoun. I'm the last one out as I was fixing my dress and I make eye contact with Seungyoun whose eyes widen before a smirk makes its way onto his lips. "Not too bad, Kang Yeseul. Not too bad." I smile and swat his arm before he wraps it around my shoulder and we all walk to the car.