XXI

Today's the big day. Probably one of the biggest days of the year. It's the solos day at regionals. I am so nervous, I've felt sick all morning. The whole team came to support which definitely makes things a bit better.

Yoona, Hyejin and I are seated alongside the other competitors in the waiting room, listening to the presenter talk about today and explaining how those who win this competition will be going to nationals and maybe get selected for the olympic team.

The competition starts shortly and Hyejin is the first one to go from our team. We all walk towards the entrance of the floor where she will perform. "You can do it Hyejin, we believe in you!" I tell her while touching her shoulder in a comforting manner. She nods before taking a deep breath and walking onto the platform with her hoop.

It's quiet for a short moment as Hyejin takes her spot before the beep goes off and she starts dancing. Her moves are sharp but moving with a lot of fluidity and I feel so happy watching her do her solo, she deserves it.

The time goes by in a blur, Hyejin already finished her performance a while ago and it is now my turn, after me is Yoona. I'm standing at the entrance, waiting for my name to be called. I close my eyes for a moment and take a deep breath in, grasping my ribbon tightly. "Yeseul, just do what you always do. You're our ace." Yoona whispers to me and I nod. I can't let our team down. Coach rubs my shoulder as my name is called out and I leave my previous spot.

My head held high and my toes pointed, I make my way to the center of the stage, hearing the different cheers from supporters, my teammates and friends. One voice being louder than the others, Seungyoun.
It's showtime.

The music starts and I immediately get into action, throwing my ribbon in the air, jumping around, turning. Putting my all into this performance as I do with every other performance. I am going to win this.

The performance goes on for around three minutes. It's just me and the ribbon. Once the music ends, it takes me a short while to snap out of it and then I realize that I did it and it felt great. The crowd is cheering once again and I see my teammates jumping around and clapping, shouting our team name. I bow down to the judges and wave at the crowd before exiting the floor and going back to my coach, Yoona and Hyejin who are waiting for me at the same place as before. They congratulate me on the performance before our focus goes to Yoona whose turn is beforming after the next gymnaste.

"Let's try to get all three places on the podium, okay? I have a good feeling about this." Hyejin says and gives a small clap. "I want you three to be qualified for nationals. So far, you've done a good job. Yoona you can do good too." The gymnast who just performed finishes her dance and walks off stage, which means it is now Yoona's turn, the team leader.

"Go kick those other bitche's asses." Coach tells her which makes us widen our eyes and burst out laughing. "Anything you say, coach." Yoona says back with a smile on her face before walking out with her green balloon that matches her leotard.

Finally all performances end, which signifies the end of the competition weekend. Now all that is left is the medal ceremony. The most anticipated one of the weekend for me. I spoke to Seungyoun during the break and he said, "I have a surprise for you, but you'll only get it if you place on the podium. So you know what to do if you want it." I laugh, remembering it. "I don't make the decisions." I say to myself. "What?" I snap my neck to look at Hyejin who thinks I said something to her, "Oh no, it's nothing. Wait, it's starting. I'm nervous." We clutch each other's hands along with Yoona while our coach stands behind us with her hands on Hyejin's shoulders.

"And now we're entering the top five. These contestants will be moving onto nationals so let's give them a round of applause!" The presenter says and everyone claps their hands. This is either a good sign or a bad one as neither of us have been called out yet.