XII

The next morning, I wake up early as the sun is still not up but the sky gradually gets lighter. Feeling emptiness by my side, I turn my head and face an empty bed where Seugnyoun slept. Still slightly confused from sleepiness, my eyebrows furrow as I scan the room. My eyes land on the balcony on the other side of the windows and spot the familiar figure, sitting on the chair smoking a cigarette.

I walk into the bathroom to brush up and grab my coat and walk outside. "Why are you up so early?" I ask him, his head turns to face me. "Woke up on the floor like thirty minutes ago, because of someone and couldn't fall back asleep so I came here." I take a seat on the chair on the other side. He takes his pack out and offers me one. My hand reaches out to grab one and our fingers slightly intertwine around the small box before Seungyoun gives me the lighter.

"There's a haunted house further up in the mountains, some of us are thinking of going to check it out, are you down to come?" Seungyoun asks after exhaling the smoke. "No but have fun." Scary places and movies are definitely not my thing. "Come on~ It'll be funny." It takes him at least multiple attempts of persuasion before I eventually give it and tell him I'll go without threatening to kill him if something happens to me.

The sky is already blue and the sun is up when we eventually finish our cigarettes and small talk and join Yohan and Hyejin giggling to each other in the kitchen. "What's up lovebirds?" They jump in surprise at the sound of my voice. "Good morning, did you sleep well?" Hyejin asks with a hint of redness on her cheeks similar to the one on Yohan. "I did and I have a feeling you did too. Are you cooking?" They nod and show a large pan of eggs being cooked and toasts being made. "Everyone is starting to wake up except for Junho, that boy sleeps for at least fifteen hours."

Everyone is awake, some getting ready to go out, others playing around in the billiard room. Meanwhile, Seunyoun, Byungchan, Jinhyuk, Minhae and I are the only ones to end up going to the haunted house. Seungwoo and Wooseok leave a bit later to meet with some other friends who are joining the party tonight.

It takes about thirty minutes of walking uphill to reach the haunted house and honestly it's a lot scarier than I expected it to be. "I thought this was going to be a small house why is this a fucking manor?" Byungchan exclames and I agree with him. "I can't believe I accepted going here..." The manor in front of us had three floors with dark and broken windows, a part of it gone from what looks to be a fire. "Does anyone know what happened here?" Minhae asks to which Seungyoun shakes his head. "Who cares, let's go!" Jinhyuk goes in front and enters through the big black doors. I glance at Seungyoun who glances back at me and we all follow the tall guy.

Upon entering, the air feels different, a lot colder than outside. "I don't like this." I say, pulling my coat tighter around me. "It's fine, no one is going to kill you." "Oh great, thanks Jinhyuk." Byungchan is in the back and looking around. "As someone who looks like a chick, you seem the least scared." Byungchan looks down at me and laughs, his dimples showing. "It's really nothing." As soon as he says that, we all hear a sound coming from the end of the corridor to our left. "Okay, no I'm out." I turn to walk out the door but the dimpled boy holds me back still laughing.

We quickly forget about the noise and continue walking further inside. The decorations on the wall add to the eerie feeling. The wind from outside makes a howling noise and everything gets darker as we inch away from the door.

It's after a bit of time that we notice that Jinhyuk is nowhere near us. "Jinhyuk! Where are you?" I shout out loud hoping to get a response. Minhae also looks terrified, "Don't be like that, come back!" There is still no response until a door behind us slams shut. I jump from the sound and go to grab Seungyoun's arm by instinct but Minhae beats me to it so I awkwardly just bring my arms back down. Byungchan must've noticed so he wraps an arm around me. "Why are you not alarmed? The door literally slammed shut, Seungyoun I know you'd be running by now." That's when I realise that this is all a prank when they both start giggling. "You idiots!" I start hitting them.

"I've been waiting for fifteen minutes to scare you, why are you taking so long?" Our heads flip to the otherside of the door that slammed shut and from there comes Jinhyuk. Our eyes widen. "You didn't close the door?" Jinhyuk furrows his brows and shakes his head. "Shut up." "I'm serio-" Another door somewhere slams shut and immediately everyone starts screaming and we all bolt to the entrance and out the door until we are a safe distance from the house.

"That's karma for you." Minhae tells the boys. "You wanted to scare us and then this happened. Remind me to never do this ever again." They laugh it off and we decide to walk to the town center where most of the people are.

"And then that happened! I seriously thought that I was going to shit myself" I finish explaining the story to Seungwoo and Wooseok who joined us at the cafe after meeting up with their other friends. They both start chuckling, listening to me and mock the other boys. We continue sipping our warm drinks as Seungwoo tells us a bit about the party tonight and the people whom we don't know that are coming. They are mostly some friends from his hometown with whom he's still close. 

Once the sun is completely gone and the sky is dark, we decide it's time to head back to eat all together before getting ready for the party. The house isn't too far but still not close to the center. "Are you excited?" Byungchan asks while walking next to me. I look up from the snow I'm stepping on and nod at him. "I think it'll be fun. I'm getting a good feeling about it. And you?" He nods, "Let's just see what happens. You can never predict anything at partys here in Seungwoo's cabin."

And let's just say he was right.

_________

Hi, so sorry if this chapter sucks but i promise that the next one will be a lot better. I haven't updated this is a really long time and I'm really sorry but I'll try to update more often.