II

My eyes open immediately at the sound of my alarm clock and I sit up but cringe once I feel the banging in my head. I groan as I grab it and rush to my desk to take medicine to feel better. My roommate wakes up at the same time and looks at me, worried before remembering what I did last night.

Together, we walk to the common bathroom to get ready and as we enter, Hyejin says, "Maybe if you hadn't had that many drinks, you wouldn't be in this state, especially not when you have training so early in the morning." I open my mouth to answer her but instead, I run to the toilet and start spewing out everything. "Oh wow, how much did you drink? Should I tell coach you're sick and you'll just come in the afternoon?" I think about her suggestion for a second but shake my head knowing that coach won't be happy if I skip training. At all.

"No it's fine, I'll come, coach will have my head if I skip morning classes especially when we do all the cardio in the beginning." She nods with an apologetic smile and turns back to start brushing her teeth. "I hope you feel better soon because I know how horrible it is to do all of those spins and jumps while hungover." I snicker at her words, remembering the times when she would come back to the dorms drunk and would look dead the next day. "I hope so too." I stand back up once I'm sure that I won't throw up again and walk to the stall to shower.

"There's the upcoming soccer match next week and almost everyone is going because it's on Sunday so no one has training. Are you going?" Hyejin asks. "I think I'll go, I remember Seungwoo mentioning it to me a few days ago so I'll go support him, I guess." I answer, turning on the water and feeling the temperature. "What about you?" I ask back and she hums, "Honestly, you know soccer isn't really my thing but Yohan asked me to go with him to cheer for his friends so I guess I'll go. We could go together because I'm pretty sure Yohan is cheering for Seungwoo and his other friend, Seungyoun." At the sound of that name, my ears perk up. Sadly, I wasn't able to get his number or any social media so I hope to see him again to do so. He's pretty cool, to be quite honest.

----------

We leave the dormitory and walk to the building not too far away, only on the other side of campus. "I'm still mad about the fact that we have to walk for such a long time just to go to our department like why is it so far away?" Hyejin complains, hoisting her bag on her shoulder as we continue walking through the campus, trees surrounding us. "At least it's a pretty site." I say, looking around. "It won't be that pretty when it'll be so dark you won't see a thing." She adds, looking at me. 

----------

The tension was scary as all of us were waiting for our coach to say something. She's obviously in a bad mood today. Not surprising though. "I'm aware that it's the beginning of the year and that everyone is going out partying and getting drunk but you are here to train and become the best, not drink until you pass out." She starts and I spare a glance at Heyjin with a startled expression. "What the fuck?" I mouth to her before looking back at our coach only to have her glaring back at me. "Is there something wrong, Kang Yeseul?" I shake my head and bow. "Min Yoona, you'll be leading the workout today, go to the running field and do five laps." We all cringe at the number. The field is incredibly big, a bit too big even. So we always hate the days when we have to stretch there and not in on our own floors. On top of that, a lot of other sports run at the same time, making it easy to get distracted and yelled at.

"Let's go!" Yoona shouts encouragingly as we start to jog to the field. Thankfully, it's really close because it's in the soccer and track and field department. Arriving, I already see at least five other groups, running circles or straight lines. "I'm ready to take an ice bath later." I tell Yoona who's next to me and she nods in response. Soon, we start running after making sure everyone is here. Multiple times, we greet the groups passing next to us. All of a sudden, I hear my name being called and I snap my head towards the voice and see Seungwoo and Seungyoun, the latter looking at me with an amused expression, "Not too dead?" He shouts along with a laugh and i poke my cheek with my tongue, raising my hand threatening to hit him even if he's pretty far away. I hear snickers around me and I sigh. Ahh, this guy. He's going to be bothersome. The rest of the girls greet the boys and they do the same.