VI

"Are you ready? We have to leave soon." Hyejin asks through the phone. I frown, "What do you mean, we're supposed to be there at 7 p.m. it's 5." I tell her and I hear her sigh. "We decided to meet up with the rest an hour before for a pre game." I freeze, remembering the plan. "Fuck." "Hurry up!" After ending the call, I rush into the bathroom to get ready for the game. "Okay Yeseul you have an hour to do everything. Is it doable?" I ask myself while looking at the mirror. "Yes it is." 

Hyejin comes into the room after a while and whistles, impressed after seeing me ready. "I knew you would be able to get ready after a short time." "I'm out of breath, I should've at least prepared an outfit beforehand, I had to go to Narnia to find a top that matches the school's colours." I say, grabbing my bag and keys before the two of us head out the door.

We arrive at Yohan's friend's apartment where everyone is getting ready for the game. "This is just for a small game, I wonder what it will be like when Seungwoo and Seungyoun have a big game." I say before ringing the doorbell. "Right? Yohan said that whatever the event, this friend always has cool parties." After about a minute, the door opens and reveals a tall figure smiling as soon as he sees us with two deep dimples appearing. "Hey! You must be Park Hyejin and Kang Yeseul. I'm Choi Byungchan, nice to meet you." We greet him back, "Yohan is already here, come on in." Hyejin comes in and I follow behind her.

Right away, I spot Yohan at the counter talking to another unfamiliar figure. Immediately gravitate towards him because out of everyone here so far, he's the only one I know other than Hyejin. "Oh, Kang Yeseul, you're here?" I turn around and see Junho walking over to us. Giving him a small smile, I greet him, "Not gonna lie, it's a bit of a shock to see you here." I tell him and he laughs, agreeing with me, saying that he would much rather be in the dorms but Yohan persuaded him to join. "Anyway, I'm glad you're here. Do you want a drink?" He nods and I follow him into the kitchen to fix the both of us a drink. "Are you excited?" He asks me, "Yeah, I I'm excited, I always go to Seungwoo's games and the fact that there's a pre-game makes everything better." With our drinks, we walk back into the living room where most of the guests are. 

"I'm here!" A voice shouts out and suddenly cheers fill the apartment. I hear Junho gasp next to me, "It's Wooseok. Is it okay if I go greet him, he's a really close hyung." I nod and tell him to go. I don't stay alone for long before the host, Byungchan comes and stands next to me. "I finally meet Kang Yeseul. You're Seungwoo's friend, right? He and I are really close, like brothers but I doubt he ever spoke about me to you." He puts a hand down on the counter in front of us. "Yeah, I don't recall hearing her name but don't be offended, he doesn't talk about any of his friends so I barely know who they are." An awkward smile covers my face and Byungchan laughs. "Well I guess this is our chance to introduce each other. As you found out a few minutes ago, I'm Choi Byungchan, Senior in another university." "Kang Yeseul, Junior in the same school as Seungwoo." Byungchan takes a look at me before looking around the place. " I suppose you don't know that many people here other than your friends so I suggest I do a little introduction to everyone in this room. The one that just came in is Kim Wooseok, you might know him because he goes to your university." I hum, showing that I do know him. "Next is the really tall guy talking to Wooseok and Junho, he's Lee Jinhyuk. Really funny guy, a lot of charms. Next is Song Yuvin. That guy is a genius but he's also really fun. The girl next to him is his girlfriend, but do you want to hear a secret?" I look at him confused and slightly worried, "Uh, sure?" "Yuvin is secretly fucking this other guy, caught them together a week ago. I'm still waiting for him to break up with his girlfriend but he says he's confused."

Byungchan continues introducing the guests until he finishes. We continue talking for a while. "There aren't many people right now-" "Huh? Not many people?" I give him big eyes and he simply laughs, "I wonder what you consider 'many people' is." "Well tomorrow is a day off and I'm having another party after the game tonight so how about you come around with Seungwoo and your friends and you'll see." He winks at me. He's called over by a friend and before going to him, he turns back to face me, "Why don't we exchange numbers, you know, so that I can give you information about tonight." He says. "Are you sure that's the only reason?" I ask with a smirk. He gives me a sheepish smile, his dimples coming out, "You caught me. But hey, what emoji should I put next to your name in my phone? Actually, why don't you start by giving me your number?" Byungchan says and I pretend to gag. "That was horrible but you get an A for effort. Pass me your phone, I give in."