3 - Miles Away (Part 1)

Yoongi and Seokjin have been together since college. During his last years, Seokjin confessed his feelings towards Yoongi and now they are happily married for 3 years. About 1 and a half years ago, Yoongi needed to work in LA (now he went back and forth to Seoul-LA) as a producer. At first, he planned to let go of his job since he didn't want to leave Seokjin but he didn't let him. Seokjin, of course, feels sad but he can't be selfish plus he knows this is his dream. Having a long-distance relationship is of course hard for both of them but they know they can handle it. Since then, they always communicate through video calls and tell each other how much they miss each other.

On the other hand, once a month Seokjin will go to LA even though his schedule as a CEO is quite packed. Some go to Yoongi. If he is done with some projects he will come back to Seoul. The longest break he got since working in LA is a month. While if there's an important occasion, Yoongi will (as possible he can) go back especially on Christmas. So far, he didn't miss celebrating with Seokjin and his other friends Jimin, Taehyung, Namjoon and Hoseok.

Unlike this year, Yoongi can't celebrate with him. At first, he told Seokjin that he will be in Korea for 2 and a half months (at that time it is late November) but he suddenly got the news that he needs to be in LA in early December. This means he can't be with him on Christmas and his birthday. He felt bad and at the same time felt thankful for how understanding Seokjin is.

It feels so warm in the living room where both of them are sitting closer to each other with Seokjin's hand wrapping around Yoongi's waist. They are immersed in the movie and sometimes Seokjin steals to kiss his husband's cheeks. Yoongi can only smile at his husband's actions.

"Stop.." Yoongi said

"No. You are.." Seokjin stopped when he heard Yoongi's phone ring.

Yoongi picked up his phone and saw the ID.

"Who?" Seokjin asked but he didn't answer, instead of picking up the call.

"Hello?" Yoongi said with Seokjin still wrapping him and now he kissed the back of Yoongi's neck. Make him surprised and look at Jin while listening to the other speak.

"What? What? Come again?" Yoongi can't hear that person clearly since he is being disturbed by Seokjin.

After he listened to that person, he becomes serious and asking to leave the room

"Wait... I need to..." talking to Seokjin and standing up. He just nodded as the answer

A few minutes later, Seokjin is waiting for Yoongi to come back to the living room.

"Babe? Are you done?" but no answer from his husband. So he calls again

"Yoongi?" still no answer

"Baby? Is everything okay? Yoongi?" This time Seokjin stood up and walked to their shared bedroom.

"Hey.." Seokjin said as he entered the room and saw Yoongi sitting on the bed with his head lowered down.

"Babe?" Seokjin walk closer to him

"Babe? Hey.."

"Uh?!" Yoongi perks up and looks at Seokjin. There are some tears and sadness on him and Seokjin noticed it. that makes Seokjin put his finger on Yoongi chin and wipe his tears

"Hey.. what's wrong?"

That's not helping at all, instead of making him cry harder. Seokjin was surprised and immediately hug him

"It's okay.. it's okay. I'm here, I'm here.. shh, shh.. everything is going to be okay. Alright, baby? Shh.. shh.. don't cry."

it takes a moment for Seokjin to calm him and Yoongi finally speak up

"I'm sorry."

Seokjin is confused. Why he suddenly apologized

"Hey.. it's fine."

"No! You'll be upset and mad at me."

"Yoongi.. I will never be mad at you."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"Okay.. okay. Want to tell me what happened?"

"I'm sorry..."

"Yoongi.. babe.. please.. how I'm going to know.. why are you apologizing hmm? tell me.."

"I'm.. I'm leaving."

Seokjin stops stroking Yoongi's back for a sec then continues to calm him. He knows what he means.

"I need to go back to LA. I'm sorry."

"When?"

"End of this month." which 10 days left

"It's okay. I'm fine." Yoongi break their hug and hold Seokjin hand

"No! You don't. I'm going to stay there until January, hyung.. That means I can't be with you on your birthday and Christmas! I feel worse. What kind of husband am I? Leaving you on your birthday and Christ...*while crying, a mess and tears on his cheek.

Yoongi stops when Seokjin lips meet him. He kissed him passionately until Yoongi moaned a bit. Now, they're apart. Seokjin cares his husband lips with his thumb and said

"Hey... I'm fine."

Yoongi shook his head and reply

"No.. you should be mad at me, hyung. You should. I ruined our plans.. our.."

"Yoongi.. don't. I am really fine and there's no reason for me to be mad at you. I understand. They need you."

"But.. our plan.. to cele.."

"It's okay. We can make it next year hmm?"

Yoongi looked at him. Seokjin wipe his cheeks again and smile at him

"How come are you..." Yoongi said while still looking at his lovely husband

"Shh.. shh.. I was fine. Totally fine. I can celebrate with others but you? How about you? I'm even worried about you baby. You'll be alone and even working on that day."

"I'm fine. Used to it."

That makes Seokjin hurt. They become silent for a moment and Seokjin still calms Yoongi.

During that day, Yoongi kept crying and in a sad mood. Seokjin tries to hype his husband but nothing works. That night, Yoongi fell asleep while Seokjin scooping him and he was still sobbing.

The next day, Seokjin wakes up first and looks at Yoongi who is beautifully asleep next to him. He smiled when he saw his husband and remembered yesterday. So, when he was about to stand up to prepare their breakfast, he gently pushed his husband's hair that covered his forehead aside but he was surprised when his hand touched Yoongi's skin. Hot. He then moves his palm to his cheek and checks his condition. He got a fever. This is bad. But for Seokjin, this is expected since Yoongi will easily get sick when he has so much on his mind but didn't expect this to bother him so much.

He called Yoongi's name softly

"Yoongi... babe.."

Yoongi weakly opened his sleepy eyes and looked at Seokjin but it didn't last long. He closes his eyes back

"You got fever, honey."

Yoongi just humming to him seemed like he didn't have any energy to reply to him. Seokjin keep stroking his hairs and kiss his forehead

"You okay?"

"Uhmm.." the only Yoongi's answer

"I'll prepare some food then take some medicine, okay?"

"Okay.." softly answer his husband