𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

billie

billie

"okay, so, um, my grandparents can be a bit... intense sometimes, but they're really nice once they get comfortable with you!" jasrya explained in a kinda nervous voice as she swung our hands between us.

"why are you so nervous, baby?" i asked softly.

"nervous?" her eyes widened. "i-i'm not nervous."

we reached her grandparents' doorstep. i turned to her and moved my hands up to cup her cheeks. "calm down, rya."

"i just want everyone to like each other," she sighed as she frowned a bit. "'cause, like... i love my grandparents, and i love you, obviously, so i'd hate it if y'all didn't get along."

"it'll be fine, my love." i assured softly with a smile as my thumbs comfortingly rubbed her cheekbones.

"right," she nodded. "well, then, are you ready?"

"mhm." i hummed.

i watched as she reached her hand up to knock on the door a few times. it opened a few moments later.

"hey, grandm—" jas started to greet her, but was cut off.

"hey, jasrya!" her grandma smiled widely as she pulled her into a hug. "i missed you! you know, i honestly should start making you come visit me at least once a week if you want those checks i send you."

"sorry, i've just been really busy lately, and i just—"

"ugh, look at you!" her grandma gushed as she cut her off again. she was now pinching rya's cheeks, which made me giggle quietly. "you're so—"

"grandma!" rya's face flushed as she pulled her grandma's hands away from her cheeks. jas darted her eyes over to me, and her grandma looked over to me.

"hi." i greeted shyly as i held my hand up in a slight wave.

"and who's this?" she raised a brow.

"this is my girlfriend, billie," jasrya introduced me. "i told you that i'd be bringing her over..."

"you know my memory isn't as good as it used to be," she waved her off before turning back to me. "hey, darling. so, you're rya's girlfriend, hm?"

"yes ma'am." i confirmed with a small chuckle.

"is rya treating you good? she questioned.

"yeah," i nodded. "but she—"

before i could say anything else, her grandma grabbed jas's ear and gave her an expecting look. "why is there a but? what have you put this poor girl through?!"

"ow!" rya whined. "i haven't done anything!"

my eyes widened a bit. "i was just going to say that it took her a while to figure out her feelings," i waved my hands out in front of me. "too long, actually."