•1•

𝐷𝐴'𝑀𝐴𝑈𝑅𝐼

" So where's this hookup finna be at ?" I asked looking over at Calvin

" Over at Tracy's Crib . You down to go?" He asked as he switched through the channels.

" Look man , Ian tryna get caught up in no bullshit tonight." I said chuckling.

Calvin looked over at me and then at the tank top I had on. He lifted my top up.

" I'd start by taking that glock outta your pants." Said Calvin popping me on the arm.

" I already told you I'm not going out without it on me and nothing's gonna happen unless it's needed. Would you stop fucking worrying ?" I said getting irritated and standing up.

" Mauri , don't pull no bullshit ight ?" Said Calvin.

" Nigga , how many times I gotta tell you I'm not gonna use it !" I yelled out.

He shook his head at me and snatched his coat up. I bit my lip and grabbed the keys on the counter.

Usually , I was always down for a party , but tonight was a different story . I wanted to go blow the shit up to be honest , but I wouldn't wanna fuck up my homeboy's night.

South Central LA was were we stayed at. I grew up here. I've heard a lot , seen a lot , and I know a lot. Stuff that I shouldn't know.

Me and Calvin walked outside and got into his car. He started and we made our way to the street party.

𝑀𝐼𝐶𝐻𝐸𝐿𝐿𝐸

I was in my room getting ready for the block party tonight

I was in my room getting ready for the block party tonight. My homegirl Brandy was telling me about it.

I had nothing else better to do , so why not? Shit , I could use a little turn up.

I was putting on my favorite lip gloss when Brandy called me on the line. I picked it up and answered.

" Hey girl , you almost ready ?" She asked me. "Yea , I just need to finish these last touch- ups." I said.

"Touch - ups my ass ! Getcho ass down here!" She said playfully. I let out a little laugh.

" You crazy , I'm on my way down." I said grabbing purse.

"Alright." She said hanging up. I made my way down the stairs and out the door. I made sure to lock the door behind me.

I got in Brandy's car and let out a sigh. "Girl , did you hear that Tracy's gonna be there tonight ?" Asked Brandy as she drove off.

"Yea , I heard he was supposedly throwing this damn thing." I said rolling my eyes.

"You don't seem too in the mood huh ?" She said trying to focus on the road.

" I'm sorry , it's just my mother again. She's always drinking." I said rubbing my forehead.

"Michelle , I'm really considering you taking her to get some help. It's getting out of hand now. " Said Brandy in a worried tone.

"I know , I know. I just haven't gathered the courage to tell her that she has a problem." I said playing with my fingers.

" Fuck courage , time is ticking." She said taking a deep sigh.

I needed tonight to get away from my mother. Hopefully tonight isn't as out of control as her drinking.