The Impossibility Of Fitting In..

So-ri glanced around curiously as the taxi sped past the highway. Nice city, she decided, not that she'd be caught dead admitting it.

"So..where're you from?." The guy next to her asked.

What was his name again? Yoon- joon or something of such? He was cute, in a girly kinda way, all floppy brown hair, eyes and red lips, but she was not impressed.

"Sorry, I'm not obliged to discussing my personal life with strangers." She replied still looking out the window.

The driver took a left turn and came to a slow halt in front of a long street.

"We're here." He announced, handing the paper back to So-ri.

"Here? Shouldn't you rather take me to the front of the house?."

"No, this is where I stop."

Asshole, So-ri thought as she struggled out of the car with her suitcase, peeled a bill out of her wallet, shoved it into the Innoma's waiting hand and headed to the trunk for the rest of her stuff.

"Ya! Miss, what is this?." The driver asked, waving the money she'd slapped in his hand around.

Shoot! Dollar bills!

"Err, I only have dollars, I'm sorry. Can't you take it and change it later? Maybe?."

"You foreigners and your ignorant ways! I'm in Korea, what use do I have for dollars? I want my payment in Korean currency and I want it now."

"No need to make a scene, here." Yoon Joon handed the cheeky driver a bunch of bills "That's for both of us."

"Thank you!."

Yoon Joon stepped out of the car to see her struggling to get her cases out of the trunk.

"Need any help?." He asked as he strode over and started helping anyway.

A minute later , So-ri stood next to Yoon Joon with her suitcases around her and got to watch as the taxi breezed back unto the highway.

"What a prick." She muttered under her breath as she looked down at her address.

Her uncle lived at number twenty-eight.

She bent for her cases to find two in Mr.Cute guys grasp already.

"Which house are you headed to? I'd love to help."

"Twenty-eight." So-ri replied with an exasperated sigh.

"You're going to Uncle Choi's house?."

"You know him?."

"Everybody knows him! He's one hell of a man." He replied as they started down the street.

What does that mean? She pondered, but refused to ask.

"Seems like I'm indebted to you now."

"Pardon?."

"There is no need to be modest about it. You did pay for my fair. Naturally, I'd like to pay back."

"No need. I'm a gentleman when it comes to ladies in distress. Think nothing of it. That's the house." He pointed.

Wow, So-ri thought. Not bad. It certainly looked comfy.

"I--

She turned towards Yoon Joon to thank him only to find him not by her side anymore but halfway down the street. He waved at her before disappearing around the corner.

What an odd guy, she thought as she rang the bell of her new home.

And why did he get off at the same street with her? Did he-

The door flew open just as she reached for the doorbell again annd she came face to face with a mop of light brown hair and shrewd looking eyes.

"Yes?."

She swallowed.

"I'm uh, So-ri.." How does one introduce himself to an Uncle he's never met? She could tell he was the one because he looked a little like her father, minus the eyes.

"So-ri? You mean Choi So-ri my nephew from overseas?."

"Ye-yes."

"How come you're here alone?."

"There was nobody waiting for me at the airport.." She explained, wasn't he going to ask her in? This was getting awkward..

"Kireh?."

"Ne.."

"Well, what are you standing there for? Do come in."

He replied and banged the door shut right in her face.

Her jaw dropped and she blinked rapidly as

She heard his muffled curse through the door before it was yanked open again.

"Think nothing of what just happened. I got carried away. Let me help you with your cases."

He strode out. He was taller. Grabbed a case and strode right back in, banging shut the door again.

So-ri stood rooted on the spot watching the drama.

Waay to welcome the nephew. Living in this house is going to be one heck of a job. She predicted.

And she was not wrong.

* * *

As usual.

Thanks for reading.

I'm posting a new chapter tomorrow [ That'll be when the true story begins]

Take a guess, what do you think will go down in tomorrows chapter? Hmm..

Thanks for the reads and votes.

I love you guys to shreds for it.

Muah Muah ♥