Soul Deep

DEDICATED TO YOU:

I cannot believe you and I have come so far.

In the beginning, we didn't hit off, did we?

This book is not a goodbye however, just another beginning. But I guess you're used to that.

Thank you for letting me see through your eyes and walk awhile in your boots.

You're just so..beautiful...

* * *

I hit the floor and darkness fell.

I came to the sound of Yoon Joon and Ji-Min fighting over my unconscious body.

"Look what you did to her!."

"She deserved to know, he's waiting for her."

"Shut up! She isn't going anywhere near him!."

"Where is he?." I asked, struggling to sit up.

"At the park..."

"Yoon Joon, I need you to drive me there."

"But-

"It wasn't a request, drive me, or I'll drive myself."

"But you don't know how to drive."

"My point exactly."

"I'll get the car." He said, with dawning understanding "Hold on!."

* * *

I sat alone that faithful night in the deserted park.. Waiting.. For her.. To say goodbye.

Yes, my plane crashed..

Somehow, I survived, the sea washed me to the shores of some fishing village in remote Taiwan.

A family found me and took me in, where I laid in a coma for a long time.

They told me..I woke up the day she got married, with her name on my lips.

It took me another two months to learn how to walk again..

I couldn't make contact home, because the village had no cellphone or anything, they were that remote.

I finally managed to travel to Taiwan city itself, to the Korean embassy there. I was identified and shipped home, only to hear that my reason for coming home has been married by force off to Yoon Joon to preserve her life, because she tried to take it and nearly succeeded.

My disappearance has nearly destroyed the life of almost everyone I love, that is why I'm leaving Korea, I'm here now, just waiting to say goodbye to her.

A car stopped, a door opened, and out of it she ran, towards me.. Like a dream..my heart stopped. All I could see was her running to me. Nothing else mattered.

* * *

I ran out of the car, and there he stood. It was him! I ran, blinded by my tears and catapulted into him, nearly knocking us down.

He hugged me and I hugged him back tighter.

He was warm and alive.

I started sobbing into His chest

* * *

"So-ri.. Don't cry.. Don't.." She only sobbed harder.

My own tears fell into her hair.

She felt so fragile in my arms, every sob racked her frame. At that moment, I hated myself for causing such a change in her.

I don't know how long we stood there, but gradually, she stopped sobbing and just held on to me, as did I.

"I knew you weren't dead." She said finally.

"I know..So-ri.." I pulled her away from me so I could look at her beloved face "I heard what happened.."

"I know you must hate me..but they forced me to marry him..that is no excuse for-

"Hate you? Never! Don't ever think that! You nearly died So-ri, mother told me everything, it's not your fault, it's mine, don't ever blame yourself."

We stared at each other, drinking in each others eyes, seeing glimpses of our souls within.."I came to say goodbye.. I'm leaving Korea."

"You're leaving me again." She observed quietly, tears leaking out of her eyes.

"I can't stay..I..I Can't watch you..I..I want you to also know I quit writing songs.."

"You did?.."

"You were my inspiration, and now..and now.. But I wrote one last song.. For you.. Here.. I want you to have it..Words can't compensate for the pain I've caused you..but.. I hope..you'll forgive me someday.."

* * *

I accepted the paper he thrust at me and reluctantly looked away from his face to glance at it. It read..]

I lost my breath, when our eyes first met.

And I lost my soul to you, when you first smiled at me.

The sound of your voice. Became my favorite sound.

The sound of your laughter, my favorite song.

Our love isn't just a heartfelt emotion, it is a Soul Deep promise.

Even though our love remains unachievable, I still have hope that one day, a thousand years from now, you'll be mine.

On the day I'm reborn, I'll pray to heavens, to grant me my hearts desire.

And make manifest, our unachievable love..:

Once again, just like at her father's funeral, So-ri found herself...tearless..:

THE END