1~ First Day of School

"Aspen, you're going to be just fine trust me" Dad smiled warmly at me as he put his hand on my shoulder comfortingly.

I wish I had my own car right now. Dad insisted on driving me on my first day.

"Do you want me to go with you and meet the principal?"

"No dad I think I'm good" I smiled at him and got out of the car. "I love you"

"I love you too, red m&m"

I smiled as I rolled my eyes at his dorky nickname.

I can do this, I thought to myself as I ran a hand through my long brown hair.

I walked in the school and into the secretary's office.

"Excuse me, I'm Aspen Peterson," I asked the secretary, hoping that she knew what to do. 

"Hi Aspen, it's nice to meet you. I'm sure you're going to be a great addition to this school." She smiled at me as she got some paperwork together.

"Thank you"

"Here's your class schedule and supply list and you have to sign these" she pushed three papers in front of me.

"What are these?" I asked as I signed the first one.

"Just student consent forms saying you'll follow the rules" she said as I signed the other ones.

"Okay."

"I'll get Mr. Bowler, the principal, to show you around." She picked up the phone and called his office I guess. "He will be right with you dear."

While I was waiting, I took the opportunity to look at my schedule. Ew I had English first period.

A man showed up a minute later. He was tall and he had a warm smile in his face.

"You must be Aspen, it's nice to meet you" he stuck out his had to shake and I did the same. "Let's look at your class schedule" I gave him my schedule. "Follow me"

He showed where all my classes were and anything else I might need, such as the nurse, guidance counselor, and a few other teachers rooms. He showed the cafeteria then walked me to my first class.

He knocked on the door and walked in.

"Excuse me Ms. Dunn, sorry to interrupt but this is Aspen Peterson she's new in school" he said.

"Aspen it's very nice to meet you please take a seat wherever you like. We're just talking about our project"

I sat at a table with a random boy since all the desk were filled and this seat is the closest to the door. Mr. Bowler left.

"Aspen have you read the book, To Kill a Mocking Bird?" Ms. Dunn asked me.

"A few times" I said just loud enough for her to hear and not any louder.

I don't like being the center of attention like most girls. That's one of the reasons I never wanted to move.

"Then you'll be ready to jump in with the project." She smiled at me. "This will we a partner project."

The guy next to me winked to someone across the room. I'm not gonna lie the guy I sat next to is hot. I didn't even see his face until just now though.

His dirty blonde hair styled messily to the side and his blue eyes shined in the sunlight peaking through the window.

"And since..." Mrs. Dunn trailed off. "Ashley, would you care to tell me why you are staring at the back of the room and not paying attention to me?"