10~ Homecoming

Homecoming was Friday night and I'm not going to lie I was a little bit nervous. Del decided that she'd come to my house to get ready. Savannah even offered to help us get ready and I agreed.

I told Del all about what happened with Alex. She freaked out. She was happy to say the least.

"Don't be nervous, babe you'll be fine" Savannah assured me as the three of us walked into the game together. We got to the game just in time for them to announce the homecoming king and queen. Jasper would've been king but he refused to even be on the court. Instead it was some other senior.

We found the boys and Sydney was here too. It was the first time I've seen her at a game. Flynn was sitting in her lap.

"Hey guys!" I said as we walked up to them. Savannah went to her boyfriend.

"Aspen!" Flynn squealed and jumped into my arms.

"Hey buddy" I said and tickled his tummy.

"Hey Aspen it's nice to see you again" Sydney smiled at me.

"You too" I smiled back giving her a side hug.

I took a seat in between Jasper and Alex. Delilah sat by Savannah who "coincidentally" is right next to Briar.

There's something going on there I just know it. I know she had a huge crush on him for years but after the night they kissed it's been different.

"Are you excited for tonight?" Alex asked me.

"Yeah I guess so. I'm not really a dance person" I answered truthfully.

"Don't worry" he nudged my shoulder with his. "I'll be there with you" he smiled.

I laughed lightly and turned my attention to the start of the game. Ashton was going strong as the game started. The other team looked pretty big.

"I'm going to get some snacks anyone want anything?" Silas asked and everyone shouted their orders at him. I stayed silent. "Aspen?" He asked facing me when everyone else stopped taking.

"I'll go with you" I offered.

"Ok sounds good" I got up from my spot and walked with Silas to the concession stand.

"Oh shit" he stopped and stared at the concession stand.

I turned back to him with a raised eyebrow. "Silas what's wrong?" I asked.

He looked back to me. "It's um nothing?" He said but it came out more of a question. I gave him a pointed look and he sighed. "You see that girl working the concession stand?" He asked looking over at her.

I nodded. "Yeah I see her" I said, not knowing where this conversation was going.

"Her name is Layla. She's in a few of my classes. And uh..." his cheeks reddened.

Suddenly a lightbulb popped into my head. "Oh my gosh, you like her!" I squealed.

"Please do not make a big deal out of it and please do not tell my brothers" he pleaded.

"I won't" I promised. An idea came to my mind and I smirked at him."But I will help you get a date"

He groaned but quickly realized I wasn't going to give it up. "Okay fine" he groaned. I dragged him to the line in front of Layla.

"Oh hey Silas" she said smiling at Silas.

"Hey Layla" he smiled sheepishly at her.

She smiled at him and asked, "What can I get you?"