23~Aftermath

I told Mom and Dad what happened the next day. They gave me advice and helped me get through it.

It took me a few days to get the courage go to the Haywood's house. Dannie opened the door with a sympathetic look.

I decided to start with Alex. He's the one I messed up with the most. I figured I should fix everything with him.

I knocked on his door. I heard a faint come in, so I entered.

His gaze fixed on me and became stone cold.

"Get out" He growled.

"Alex" I started. "We have to talk about this. Please let me explain everything." I begged.

I knew this was a long shot, but I needed to talk to him or things might never get better. I don't care if he ever talks to me again after this. I just want him to know I never intentionally meant to hurt him.

"Out" He growled again.

"Alex.." I started.

"Aspen please get out. I don't want to talk to you"

I sighed in defeat and left the room. My head hung low and tears welled up in my eyes. I didn't like seeing that side of Alex. I miss the old him, who I could always count on to make me smile.

"Aspen?" I heard one of the boys call my name.

Rhett was standing in the hallway.

"Oh hey Rhett" I faked a smile and wiped my tears quickly with hope he didn't see them.

"Are you okay?" he asked. He looked at Alex's door. "He'll open up eventually. He's Alex, he can't stay mad at anyone forever."

He gave me a little hug before passing me and going downstairs.

Rhett made me feel a little bit better about the situation, but I still felt terrible about everything that happened.

I knocked on Parker's door. Seconds later his door opened and revealed him on the other side. His face was lightly bruised and he had a cut on his cheek. I restrained myself from reaching up and touching it.

"Are you mad at me too?" I asked softly.

He grabbed my hand and dragged me into his room, closing the door behind him. He lead to his bed and we both sat down.

"I could never be mad at you Aspen."

"You should be, I'm the reason your face got beat in. It's all my fault. Maybe if I had just addressed the situation when it happened, this wouldn't have happened." I looked down at my lap.

"Aspen, this was out of your control. I kissed you, that was my mistake. If you told Alex before now, it would've happened a lot earlier." He grabbed my hand out of my lap causing me to look at him. "Trust me Aspen. Besides I would take a beating for you any day."

We both let out a little chuckle. My mind went back to the fight and what he admitted to Alex after I walked in.

"Did you mean what you said?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"When you told Alex you were in love with me, did you mean it?"

He blushed. "Of course I meant it. I've been in love with you since you moved here. Since you blew up on Ash in the living room."

I was speechless. He loved me all this time. He barely knew me then. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I didn't know what to say.

"How?" I whispered.