8~ Truth or Dare

"So how was everything yesterday?" Dad asked. He's staying in the guest bedroom of one of his friends' house.

I smiled at him through the computer screen. I felt like I haven't seen him in a long time. I just saw him Thursday, but thar felt like so long ago.

"It was pretty great, the presentation went well, I went to the football game, I got a homecoming date, Del and I screamed to music on the way home." I filled him in on everything.

"Pause. Rewind. A homecoming date?" He immediately sat up straighter, his overprotective side took over.

"It's next week and we're just going as friends, it's no big deal you don't need to be so protective." I whined.

"Who is this boy?"

He leaned forward in his chair protective and interrogatively.

"It's Alex Haywood, Ashton's twin brother"

"Tell me more about this Alex guy" he leaned closer to the screen with his hands folded together properly.

"He's nice, he has a great smile and his brothers are amazing" I smiled as my brain ran through all the amazing faces I met these past two weeks that belonged to the Haywood boys.

"Can I trust him to take my daughter in a date?"

"Dad!" I whined flopping back on my bed.

"What? I need to know" he threw his hands up in defense.

"I told you it's not a date," I sighed. He just loved teasing me like this. "but you can trust him to get me there and back safely."

He looked somewhere out of my sight and sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"I have to go to bed, it's getting late and I have to be up early tomorrow morning"

"Oh." I shifted uneasily on my bed.

"I love you so so much, Hershey chocolate"

"I love you to dad, I miss you"

"Goodnight" he blew me a kiss before quickly shutting his laptop, leaving me with a black screen.

My phone chimed. I picked up my phone and looked at the screen. Del's sent me a text.

Movie night wanna come over?

Be right there!

I threw on some shoes and headed to Del's house.

I couldn't be happier for the distraction.

I walked right in. There was no one in the house until Dylan walked in through the back door to grab something.

"Oh hey Aspen" he smiled and waved at me

I caught him off guard when I threw my arms around him. He happily hugged me back.

"I haven't seen you in forever Dyl, not since you transferred. Where'd you transfer to? Del never told me"

"Um I'm interning at a research building at the college, I sit in on a few classes there" I stood in shock and blinked at the fifteen year old boy in front of me who was basically in college.

"What now?" I looked aback at him. He walked into the kitchen and started making some popcorn.

"That's were I went every Friday to intern at the research center. Now it's a full time thing so they let me sit in on a few college classes while I finish high school online" he shrugged and continued getting popcorn from the kitchen.