13~ "You got a boyfriend?"

"You mean you actually... did it...with Briar?" I asked as Del dramatically flopped on my bed.

"Yes and I don't know what to do." She groaned and her hands found her face, covering it from my view. "We were both a little drunk, Pen. I woke up naked in his bed."

"You just need to talk to him"

She sat up and stared me straight in the eyes. "And say what? Hey we drunkenly had sex last night do you remember that or should I just forget it!" She said in a supper enthusiastic voice.

"He wasn't drunk enough to forget it, Del. He drove you to his house." I sat next to her.

"I am so lucky you fell asleep there last night or I would be in some deep shit right now."

Surprisingly, I wasn't in trouble when I got home this morning. I explained to my mom that I didn't have a single drink and I fell asleep on the Haywood's couch.

"Let's just talk about something else okay?"

"Yeah that sounds good"

"Have you talked to Alex yet?"

"No I still haven't. We danced again at the party last night but he was basically drunk almost all night."

I flipped dramatically on my bed just like Delilah did before.

"In the wise words of one of my dear friend, you just need to talk to him." She put a hand on my shoulder before we both bursted into a fit a laughter.

Del had to get home not to long after our boy problem conversations. She said she would probably get in trouble if she was gone for so long.

The doorbell rang and I heard my mom answer and invite them in.

My curiosity got the best me and I walked downstairs only to find Alex walking upstairs. If I wasn't paying attention we would've walked right into each other.

"Hey Alex, what are you doing here?" I smiled at the boy who paid me a visit.

"Aspen we need to talk" he said seriously, too seriously.

The seriousness in his voice scared me. Alex is always carefree and upbeat, he's hardly serious about anything, which is what scared me the most.

I led him up to my room. He leaned against my desk, still crowded with sketchbooks and papers I haven't been bothered to put away. In confusion and slight fear, I didn't sit down, instead I stood up with my arms crossed. Silence filled the room.

"Aspen I-" he started. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. He quickly shut it.

"Alex?" I questioned.

He stalked towards me and got right in my face. He loomed over me, looking into my eyes. His lips crashed into mine.

I froze for a second before realizing what was happening. I kissed him back throwing my hands around my neck to steady myself, when he deepened the kiss. He pulled me into him by my waist.

He pulled away and gazed into my eyes. "I like you Aspen and I'm sorry it took me three weeks to talk to you."

"Why didn't you talk to me?"

"I'm not good with feelings. And I was scared you didn't feel the same way."

I smiled up at him, since his arms were still wrapped around my waist.

"Well you have nothing more to worry about" I kissed his lips softly.

He smiled into the kiss. The first kiss was more longing and needy, but this kiss was soft and sweet. It didn't need to be deepened it was perfect. We both pulled away from one another and stood an arms length away. His hands held mine and I looked into his eyes.