7~ Homecoming Date

"I forgot to ask how your presentation was?" Del asked as we walked out of school side by side Friday afternoon.

I'm so glad it's the weekend. I get to FaceTime my dad tomorrow since he won't be in meetings all day.

"I think it went good, Ashton actually tried. I think Ms. Dunn was a little shocked. I'm just glad it over" I sighed.

"What about the other Haywood boys?" She asked. We were almost to our cars.

"What about them?" I shrugged.

"Well are you going to keep hanging out with them?"

I stopped in my tracks. I never thought about that. I mean I have no reason to go to their house anymore.

But they're my friends. I said to myself. I went to Parker when I didn't have anyone else.

But they don't care about me. They were being nice to get Ashton a good grade.

I had an argument with myself, standing in the middle of the parking lot, for what felt like a long time.

Del snapped me out of my trance and pulled me out of the way of a honking car.

"Jeez Pen you have to pay attention. You almost got killed."

"Stay out of the road loser!" A voice yelled. I saw it belonged to Ashton's girlfriend, or what assume is his girlfriend, Ashley.

Delilah flipped her off as she drove away.

"Are you going to the game tonight? It's an away game but it's only a twenty minute drive"

"Um sure I guess." I answered hesitantly.

"Okay, I'll take you, we're leaving at 6:45"she informed me as we both got in our cars.

I needed to get my homework done before 6:45. I honestly didn't have that much.

I jogged up to my room and threw my bag on my bed. Today was exhausting, hell this whole week was exhausting. I flopped on my bed and felt a wave of sleep rush over me.

My eyelid closed heavily and I drifted into a much needed nap.

The next thing I remember is hearing the door open.

"Aspen I'm home!" Mom called from downstairs.

She normally wasn't home this early. I blinked the sleep out of my eyes and picked up my phone.

6:40!

I was asleep for two and a half hours!

I'm leaving in five minutes!

I stayed calm. I was already dressed all I needed was get my shoes on.

I stood up and my stomach yelled at me for not feeding it.

And eat something.

I walked by my full length mirror. I stopped in shock, staring at my reflection.

My clothes were all wrinkled, my hair was a disaster and the mascara I had on was all over my eyes.

I looked like a raccoon with a bad hair day.

I quickly rushed to my bathroom and fixed my hair and makeup. I changed into a fresh pair of clothes. Grabbing my phone, I rushed downstairs and found a snack.

"What's got you in such a hurry?" Mom chuckled as I rushed around her in the kitchen.

"I'm late" I answered before throwing on my shoes and running outside.