𝟬𝟮𝟰 if love is pain, let's hurt tonight

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR.
if love is pain, let's hurt tonight

     NOVA VAN KIRK felt as if she couldn't breathe

The walls were closing in on the girl, everything becoming smaller and smaller whilst she became confined within the four empty walls of her own pain and lonely solitude. She felt alone. She didn't know where to go, or who to turn to. She just kept driving until she stopped the car outside the Cameron's, and once she switched the engine off, she just sat there alone, crying, her chest tightening as she slowly fell apart little by little underneath the dark midnight sky, a darkness withering deep inside Nova Van Kirk until she finally snapped.

     Nova knew what she planned to do was wrong. It didn't make her any better than Ward or Rafe Cameron if she went through with this. She even contemplated turning around and going home. But Nova knew there was no turning back now. Ward Cameron stripped the girl of her innocence when he dragged Riley out onto that boat with him the day he murdered Big John. He took her brother away from her. Now she was going to get an explanation, even if it meant using violence to get exactly what she wanted.

Wiping away the tears streaming down her flushed cheeks, Nova slammed her head against the back of her seat, shaky and erratic breaths leaving her quivering lips whilst she wrapped her trembling hands around the steering wheel, clenching it tightly underneath her grip. Nova was doing her best to calm herself down, but the more she tried to ease the wave of overwhelming nerves that pricked at her skin, the more uneasy Nova eventually became. It was like someone had wrapped their hand around her throat, squeezing her windpipe to the point where she couldn't breathe.

She knew she had to make it stop. And the only she knew how was sitting in her back pocket. Nova swallowed thickly and used one hand to wipe away more of her salty tears, whilst the other reached into her pocket and pulled out the small, clear bag filled with white powder. The sight of the familiar drug being enough to make Nova let out a shaky and harrowing breath, a sharp pain erupting in her chest when she realised what she was about to do, and the potential consequences of her actions if she did.