𝟬𝟭𝟳 a sea of chaos

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.
a sea of chaos

     LAST NIGHT'S EVENTS continued to linger in the back of Nova's mind

     LAST NIGHT'S EVENTS continued to linger in the back of Nova's mind. Even after a long nights rest, the girl continued to replay the night before on an endless loop in the back of her mind, almost as if her memories were repeating themselves, like a broken record, but one Nova would gladly relive over and over again. Despite how terrifying it was, sneaking into a creepy old lady's house and almost getting her head blown off in the process, Nova had the time of her life alongside her friends, especially since it paid off in the end.

They got the gold. Not all of it since there was no way they could have dug out four hundred million worth of gold from the well, but they got a few bars thanks to John B, and were still recovering from the rush they felt knowing they were going to be filthy rich. Out of everyone who could have found the gold, generations upon generations of people wasting all their resources to find the famous shipwreck and the treasure that came with it, Nova and her friends were the ones to emerge victorious.

The very thought was enough to make Nova's body pump with adrenaline, her every pore flooding with excitement, and that excitement would only continue to grow as Nova woke up the next morning in the comfort of her bed, the girl still reeling from her and the Pogues discovery of the gold. That was only the start of what was to come because Juno was quick to tell her that they had to get up and meet with the others so they could pawn off the gold they already had, which was useful since Nova knew JJ could easily pay his restitution fees after he took the blame for sinking Topper's boat.

     And then once they come up with a plan to get the remainder of the gold out of the well under the old Crain Estate then they were all going to be filthy rich. Sure, Nova was already rich, but to have that much cash and not have it come from her parents, giving her the freedom to do whatever the hell she wanted with it without the harsh input of her parents was an exhilarating thought that rushed through her mind like wildfire.

     Nova Van Kirk never really dwelled on what she would do with the huge chunk of her earnings from finding the gold ( well, it wasn't like she needed it, but the group agreed everyone involved got a fair cut ). Nova was pretty much clueless on what else to do with her eighty million dollars. She had everything the world had to offer her thanks to her parents income which often scaled up to a couple thousand a month, so what else could a rich kook spend her money on?