𝟬𝟬𝟵 do you feel held by him?

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE.
do you feel held by him?

     THE EPIC SEARCH for the Royal Merchant didn't go as planned

     THE EPIC SEARCH for the Royal Merchant didn't go as planned. Nova Van Kirk knew that much for sure. She was disappointed to say the least. For a split moment, whilst she was standing in that boat with the Pogues, rocking back and forth on the violent waves underneath a small storm, Nova believed she was doing the right thing and fulfilling Riley's destiny. She believed that maybe by finding the Royal Merchant and helping the Pogues secure the gold for themselves, then maybe, just maybe she would find closure.

Nova truly thought that Riley was telling her to find the Merchant and finish what he started before his untimely death. But now, she wasn't sure what to think about the mysterious letter left to her by her brother.

     Maybe it was still a warning that there was something, or someone dangerous lingering in the place she called home — someone with a lot of power and greed that burdened Riley with something that no young boy should be forced to carry in secret. Nova thought she was piecing together the puzzle, and connecting the dots surrounding the newfound mystery of Riley's overdose. However, after losing the last connection she had to her brother, that being the Merchant and the four hundred million worth of gold that came with its discovery, Riley's death and its connection to the famous shipwreck became severed in seconds.

     Would she figure out the truth? Someday, maybe. But, for now, Nova had to continue living her life without the closure she desperately needed in order to move on. Her only hope was that this gaping void imbedded in her chest was only temporary, and that soon it would become whole again.

Until then, Nova would try and continue having the best summer of her life without the aid of drugs and alcohol coursing through her veins. After the loss of the gold, Nova went back home and intended on staying there, because it was always easier to stay clean when there was nothing in the house to satisfy her craving for her next fix. Nova knew it wasn't ideal, but she knew if she left then she might just go to find Rafe to give her what she wanted, and if that failed, then she had plenty of money to give to Barry.