𝟬𝟬𝟯 pogues vs kooks

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE.
pogues vs kooks

     THERE WERE MANY TIMES WHEN NOVA VAN KIRK WOULD FIND HERSELF looking back on her old life before it all went down in flames

THERE WERE MANY TIMES WHEN NOVA VAN KIRK WOULD FIND HERSELF looking back on her old life before it all went down in flames. Before her brother died unexpectedly, and before she found comfort in drugs and alcohol in hopes that it would be all she needed in order to take her pain away, there was a time long ago when Nova Van Kirk was actually happy.

Nova remembered the days when her and Riley would go out sailing across the ocean on the sunniest days of summer. The girl could never forget the feeling of the beaming sun against her pale skin, or the way the tide felt when she dipped her feet into the water. And, sure, as Nova got older she stopped doing these things with her brother and finding her own place in the world instead, like every other lost teenager who had no clue what they wanted in life. But Riley never stopped being her best friend. He was her rock whenever things got tough for the girl, and nothing could replace that feeling of comfort she got when her brother was around.

And how could she forget about all the fun she used to have with her friends, the group of rich Kooks getting high at the beach, and throwing parties whenever their parents weren't in town. Even though they were meant to be safe and sensible, and not reckless like the Pogues, they still lived life to the fullest. They would drink until they couldn't stand, and smoke enough pot until they saw stars dancing around in the midst of their hazed state.

But then came the day when Nova found Riley after his overdose, and then finding out he had died when she arrived at the hospital only an hour later. It was a kind of pain and heartbreak that would linger for the rest of Nova's miserable life, a dull ache that would occasionally erupt deep within her chest whenever she thought about him and the bittersweet memories they shared.

That dull ache would eventually turn into a dark void that withered through Nova's soul. A kind of void that could only be filled by the euphoric pleasure that came with the toxic remedies Nova would pollute her body with, flooding her bloodstream and destroying her organs until they were nothing but rot.