𝟬𝟭𝟱 oceans between you and me

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN.
oceans between you and me

     NOVA VAN KIRK was truly the definition of a catch 22 right now more than ever

After her's and Sarah's conversation from earlier that same evening, Nova decided to head home for the night, wanting to separate herself from her friends so she could be alone. Now Nova was now left to dwell on Sarah's wise words and ponder with the conflicting emotions deep within her beating heart, her mind being plagued with thoughts of the boy who managed to sweep Nova off her feet during the past few weeks they've spent together.

It was strange how someone like JJ Maybank could make her feel this way. There was once a time when Nova would have simply ignored the blond as they passed each other on the street. Coming from two completely different worlds would do that to some people. It was the foundation of an invisible wall that separated the pair. Nova never liked it, but that's how it always seemed to work in a place like Outer Banks, and she just stuck to the rules and stayed in her little bubble wrap surrounded by her picture perfect family, her perfect friends, and even her pathetic excuse of an ex boyfriend, who at the time was easy to be with because he seemed so perfect.

     And now Nova can't help but feel butterflies in her stomach whenever JJ comes into her view, or smile when he says something incredibly witty, and even tremble when his skin came in contact with her own. She couldn't even deny the way her heart swelled in her chest whenever he called her Princess. It was a stupid nickname, and she believed it was incredibly corny, but when JJ says it, it's almost like she's on cloud nine.

Maybe Sarah was right. Maybe she was crushing on JJ. But was that what she wanted to call it? A crush of all things?

     It was no secret she liked him. That's why Sarah Cameron of all people was able to make the connection. She wasn't the only one to see it either. She knew John B inviting her and JJ along on the boat ride today had an ulterior motive, the Routledge boy scheming behind their backs, and even Juno seemed to be on board with John B's master plan. Nova knew how she felt, and normally when she knew how true her feelings were, she wouldn't hesitate to act on them. She was always the type to go after what she wanted, and would do it with zero remorse.