𝟬𝟬𝟰 cryptic messages

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR.
cryptic messages

     NOVA VAN KIRK couldn't stop thinking about the incident at the Boneyard from the other night, the events from that night still lingering in her mind like a deadly disease, images flashing through her mind like wildfire

NOVA VAN KIRK couldn't stop thinking about the incident at the Boneyard from the other night, the events from that night still lingering in her mind like a deadly disease, images flashing through her mind like wildfire. From her confrontation with JJ Maybank, to her frightening fight with Rafe Cameron, and even the violent brawl between John B and Topper. . . Oh! And let's not forget about the frightening moment when JJ freaking pulled out a gun and pointed it at Topper's skull, before he fired warning shots into the air and even pointed the deadly weapon at innocent bystanders in the process.

Those sudden and chilling events that emerged from a simple kegger was something that seemed to burn in the back of Nova's brain on an endless loop, the girl practically wincing whenever she thought about how the night filled with laughter and moonlit dancing ended with loud gunshots and crippling fear. Well, at least that's what Nova felt when she witnessed her former one night stand baring a violent weapon in his strong hands. The girl believed JJ would have actually tried to kill Topper if he had the chance.

Nova knew the boy was never this reckless back when she met him properly at the chateau all those months ago. He was once the kind of person who knew all the right things to say to ease every bad thought that seemed to plague her mind. He was once gentle, that night she spent wrapped up in his strong arms being the closest thing to comfort since Riley died. Those moments would always hold a special place in her heart.

     Now JJ was the kind of guy who picked fights and pointed guns at people — putting their lives at risk, and it didn't even seem to matter to him. Nova really thought he was a good guy. But if the other night at the Boneyard proved anything to Nova, it was that she didn't know the Maybank boy as much as she once assumed.

The worse part in all of this was the aftermath, a recollection of memories that seemed to taunt Nova in her sleep, and even when she was awake, the girl often finding herself daydreaming and flashing back to that night at the Kegger. And the more Nova thought about that night, the more she began to realise there was bound to be some sort of retaliation from the Kooks for the stupid shit JJ pulled when he whipped out the gun.