𝟬𝟬𝟳 the art of starting over

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN.
the art of starting over

     NOVA VAN KIRK fucked up

     NOVA VAN KIRK fucked up. She knew that much for sure. From the very moment she caved into the temptation and snorted the white powder filled with many toxins up her nose, the girl's night ending with her seeing stars that shined brighter than ever before, she knew she had royally screwed up like she always did. A small part of her guessed it was bound to happen sooner or later — that her intoxicated state would force the girl to act in a way that allowed her to get caught. Nova just didn't expect her night would end in flames the way it did.

     The worst thing was that Nova Van Kirk knew she had brought it all on herself. She decided to attend Topper Thornton's party knowing she was in a bad place and shouldn't be going to a party to begin with. She was the one who decided to sit down with Rafe, even though deep down she knew he was a bad influence on her. And she was the one who decided to take the dollar bill from Rafe's hand and snort the toxins up her nose to numb the pain she has been feeling since the moment she found out her brother was dead and gone.

     And because of her highly intoxicated state, Nova lashed out on her best friends, who were only trying to look out for her ( a total bitch move if you were to ask her ). Of course Nova didn't mean a word she said that night, but she was out of line with what she said, especially when Nova dragged Juno's parents into the argument and practically slut-shamed Sarah, which was out of line, even for her. There was no justifying her actions either. Nova Van Kirk knew she had fucked up in more ways than one, and now she had to live with the consequences.

One of those consequences also happened to be an excruciating headache, a scorching pain pulsating through Nova's skull the second she jolted awake as the girl inhaled a sharp breath of air. When Nova's eyes fluttered open, she was instantly welcomed by warm rays of golden sunlight peaking through the gap of her velvet curtains that illuminated the darkest corners of her shaded room, creating a more warm and inviting feeling compared to how Nova felt in this very moment right now.