Chapter 21

Ok, first things first. 

1. Sorry for not updating for a while, but enough comments made me realise that another part may actually be in order, so here it is. Sorry for not getting it out sooner.

2. Last night, I had a curious google of this story, just to see what's up with it. The normal stuff came up- Wattpad, my profile, etc. (even Pinterest using the cover, not sure why, but alright). Anyway, I noticed that a website has uploaded this story, using my username, the chapters are word for word. It's called truyen4u. Firstly, please don't support this website. Despite Wattpad being free and me not being paid for my work, it is still thievery of my work. Secondly, if you are using this website, my story is literally free, and you can read it, on Wattpad. Please don't support this. 

3. I have recently got Discord, and I was thinking of making a server for this story- just cause I have no clue where to go with this, and would like to hear your guy's opinions and ideas. Also, I would like to read anything you guys have written, and could potentially be a nice space where a bunch of fans can get together. Please let me know what you think about this.

Anyway, that's enough from me. Enjoy the story :)

Leo POV

I woke up in a plain room, everything coloured a murky green. Groggily, I sat up, feeling like I had been run over multiple times, before attempting to stand. The floor felt like it was trying to pull me down though, like some sort of slime. Struggling more to attempt to break free, it sucked me down into its depths.

As the floor enclosed above me, so did the last piece of light. It was dark, and I forgot how to breathe. I felt as though I was falling, despite not having anything to reference as to moving. Shakily, I curled into a ball and closed my eyes, hoping for this to be over soon.

The light penetrated my eyes, and I slowly opened them. I had washed up on a beach, and waves swashed over me like some sort of blanket. Coughing up seawater was not fun, I decided, and shakily stood, covered in sticky sand head to toe. I felt very lightheaded and stumbled to the small dune on the beach to see what was around. Grasping the thin-leaved plants to help climb up the small slope, I cried out in frustration when I reached the top, for, on the other side, it sloped down to the water. A perfectly symmetrical island lay in front of me, and I was at the centre of it. No sun hung in the sky, just a blue canvas stretching in front of me for all eternity.

Looking up at it, I started cursing.

"What is this? Why are you doing this to me, Gods? I demand to know answers! I've fought my entire life, fought for you ever since I found out about you, and this is what happens? Help would be appreciated! Who's doing this to me! Who's, who's doing this to me?" I yelled, before breaking down into tears.

I sat at the top of the dune for a little while, contemplating what I could do. My trusty tool belt was missing, all I had was my clothes and my wits. I stared down at my calloused hands, before cupping them and hesitantly willing a flame to form. Much to my frustration, nothing happened. I tried again, and nothing happened. I felt like crying again, though I had no tears left.

Despite there being no sun, night started falling, the sky growing darker with every passing moment. The warm sand beneath me quickly grew cold, and I shivered in my still damp, sandy clothing.

About an hour passed, and all the light had quickly left the sky. It was so dark I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face, and I felt my hope quickly fading. Slowly, I curled up at the dune top, half-buried in the sand, and attempted to get some sleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

When I woke up, I found I was in a grassy meadow, a small stream softly passing through. Flowers grew around me, yet there were no sounds of birds, or insects, or the bubbling of the stream. All was silent, as though the world had been put on mute.