Chapter 10

I was bored again. I had done all the upgrades I could on Festus and now I had a day or so while most of his systems reset. The ship was up to date on all of its components, and was running smoothly.

And I had nothing to do. 

Suddenly, I had a brainwave- lets go see the others.

I walked into the mess hall, and tapped Percy on the shoulder. He turned, and I grinned, holding my fingers to my lips. I crept towards Hazel and she turned around, and I quickly stepped behind her turned back, before pulling out a sheet and put it on. She turned back around, and I was right in front of her. 

She gave a little gasp, and gave a small step back, drawing attention towards her and I.

"LEO!" four voices gave a little shout, and Hazel lept forward, grabbing me in a hug, the sheet wrapping around my small form. I was startled to find she was crying. 

"...Ha....zel.... can't..... breathe!" I gasped out, and she reluctantly let go.

I awkwardly shifted from foot to foot, while the others stared at me, the sheet swishing from side to side.

"Leo? Can you, please, take off the sheet?" Hazel asked. "It's a bit weird talking to you when I can't see your face, only the sheet"

I rubbed the back of my neck, the sheet showing my movements, and gave a little laugh. 

"Not really, Hazel"

"Come on Leo" Frank said.

"No"

Frank, Hazel and Jason exchanged a glance, and I saw what was going to happen. I gripped my sheet tightly, I wasn't going to let them take it. They'd pester me about how I came to be invisible, and I didn't want to answer any questions.

Hazel grabbed the sheet, and tried to pull it off me, which I tugged back. After a tussle between a three of them and one of me, I gave up.

"Fine." I let them take it. The sheet slip off my slim frame, and the others stared right through me.

"Leo?"

"Still here"

"Put the sheet back on!" 

And it was thrown to me, the projectile of soft linen hitting me in the face.

"You're still invisible Leo! We were thinking a cloaking device, but this is next level! How did this happen?"

Questions were thrown my way, which I refused to answer.

Jason then had a  'brilliant' brain wave, and then shot off, without saying anything. I sighed, and pulled the sheet back over my head. 

About five minutes later, Jason came back, grinning evilly, and pulled the sheet off my head again, before tipping an orange can of paint over my head.

"DUDE! YOU WRECKED MY HAIR! THIS WILL TAKE AGES TO GET OUT!! AND ITS THE NOT WATER BASED!! THIS'LL TAKE AGES TO GET OUT!! AND LOOK! YOU RUINED MY CARPET! MY PRECIOUS CARPET!!!" I shrieked, and everyone took a step back. 

Wiping the paint out of my eyes, I looked around the room.

"Well, judging by his reaction, that is most definitely Leo" Jason laughed nervously, and the smell of smoke drew my attention to my hair, which had small flames dancing through it. Quickly patting them out, I scowled, which everyone could see now, thanks to the paint covering my face and shoulders.

A/N

Again, I didn't really know what to do for this chapter. In the old one, everyone was like 'woah dude Leo is invisible' but in this version they pretty much already suspected that, thinking a cloaking device or something, but they've just realised this is next level, at least that was what I was trying to achieve, that they've figured its no cloaking device.

This chapter has 535 words. I usually don't count the author notes, and if I did, it would be around 620 words now.