Chapter 8

The next day I spent just chilling out with Annabeth and Percy, which only strengthened my belief that they could indeed see me. Maybe it was some higher deity that bestowed them the gift of the sight or whatever, to help me along my path or something. 

It was a pretty chill day. I think that the fates were like 'yo, we'll let you guys chill a bit, Leo can do his thing, whatever', cause there hasn't been a monster, giant, or god meeting or interference in a while, nor any contact with Gaia. (Though when I think about it, makes sense, we're floating a few hundred kilometers in the air, and she's the earth, she can't fly.)

Percy and I made a few gadgets, and Annabeth and I drew up a few blueprints for buildings and infrastructure, with cool statues and hidden passage ways involved. We also went to the kitchen and made a few blue pancakes for lunch from scratch, which was both fun, and very messy, though the pancakes turned out crisp, blue, and absolutely delicious. 

We also did a bit of training, both with our powers and with weapons. Percy and I had a massive power fight, which he won, of course, but I've begun experimenting with how hot I can get my flames to become, and I managed to get a control over them to change their shape, size and colour. I also managed to make a flame into a small, solid ball, which I bounced around the room until I lost control of it and it burst, setting fire to the curtains (which Percy had to put out).

This made me very determined to find out the extent of the powers, and to control them to the best of my abilities, and Percy promised that he'd be there for me every step along the way, and to put out every uncontrolled and accidental fire I would start.

 I feel like I really bonded with Percy and Annabeth, before I knew them as very close friends, not I view them closer than my siblings, closer than whatever Piper and I were once.

At night we decided to settle down and watch a few disney movies, the first being Finding Nemo for Percy, then Hercules for me, then finally Beauty and the Beast for Annabeth.

"It's a representation of our relationship, Seaweed Brain. I'm the smart, bookish Belle, while you're the beast" Annabeth grinned, when asked why that was her favourite disney movie, much to the disgruntlement of Percy, and much to my amusement.

While we were having our great day, Piper and the others were not having such a great day. They had set up a few pranks for me, and as I was with Percy and Annabeth all day, they all ended up walking into each other's traps- a net, fly paper and flour honey mixture to name a few, much to our great enjoyment.

A/N This was only 490 words, but I feels so much longer. Maybe it's because it's in quite dense paragraphs.

This chapter was hard to write because originally it was a reveal that Annabeth knew what was going on, but of course, in this updated version, it's already known, so I had an empty page to write a few hundred words down on.

And somehow, I struggle writing 50 or so words in the actual story but manage almost 100 words in the Author Note. Sorry.

I'll update soon! :)